Chapter 13

"The Blue Moon is always so crowded on the weekend," Mayu commented in amazement, as she swept over the main room of the strip club. At 11 p.m., all the tables were occupied by male customers, either enjoying a few drinks while following the shows coming one after another on the main stage, or engaged in a conversation and spending quality time with a stripper at their personal table. "Do you still come every week?"

"I do," Jurina, who was sitting by her side on the red, leather sofa, confirmed. "But it's mostly to wait for the end of Rena's shift, so we can go out for a drink after."

"I see," Mayu nodded pensively, taking a sip of her mojito. "Speaking of which, where is your girlfriend? I don't see her around. Or maybe she's upstairs with a client?"

"No, she's currently out of town," Jurina answered, bringing her own beer to her lips. "She'll be back on Monday."

Mayu blinked. "Out of town? On your birthday?"

"A friend of hers who lives in Kyoto apparently called her this morning," Jurina said, watching distractedly the very feminine and attractive 23-year-old stripper named Jonishi, one of the club's rising stars, arriving on the main stage to perform her show. "This friend has some personal problems and needed a shoulder to lean on, so Rena went to visit her for the weekend."

Mayu placed her drink back on the table, and studied her friend attentively. "I'm surprised. You seem to take it fine."

"Why wouldn't I?" Jurina glanced back at her, before noticing her best friend's puzzlement. "Alright, yes, maybe it's not exactly how I had imagined spending my birthday," she acknowledged with a tentative smile. "But from what Rena told me, it's a very good friend of hers, and she promised we would celebrate my birthday when she comes back. How can I hold it against her for wanting to help a friend in need? If it were for you, I know I would do the same thing."

"Yes, you definitely are a very understanding girlfriend," Mayu murmured in disbelief, before adding on a lighter tone. "But well, as much as I'm sure you didn't especially want to be stuck with me, today is your 23rd birthday, and I want you to have fun!"

"What are you saying?" Jurina chuckled softly. "I'm very happy to be with you tonight. You're my best friend, and we've been celebrating our birthdays every year together, so there was no way I would break the tradition. But wait, is this why you brought us here? Because you thought Rena would be here too?"

Mayu opened her mouth to speak, but she didn't have time to answer that a familiar long-brown haired waitress approached the two friends' table. "Hello Jurina, I guess happy birthday is in order?"

"How did you...?" Jurina's lips parted in a gasp, before turning around and staring suspiciously at her female companion. "Did you tell her?"

"Wait, no! I didn't say anything!" Mayu protested at once, holding up her hands in the air defensively.

"No, she didn't tell me anything," the waitress said, entertained by the two friends' little banter. "Rena told me about it a few days ago, and that's actually why I'm here," Anna explained, continuing when she noticed Jurina's confusion. "As today is a very special occasion, the manager is giving you, one of our best customers, a private session, free on the house."

Jurina was stunned by the revelation. "Oh, thank you, it's very nice, but..." she answered, then added, a little embarrassedly. "But I don't think... I think it's best if I pass."

"Hey, why?" Mayu jumped in the conversation. "Today is your birthday. I'm sure Rena would want you to enjoy yourself."

"Probably," Jurina cleared her throat nervously. "But I'm not sure she would like the idea of me receiving a lap dance from another girl."