The Reveal (Dunclet)

VIOLETS POV

I stepped into the house office, greeted by Duncan, whom was sitting on the chair half asleep. Poor thing, he must've been working all day. I smiled to myself and shook his arm. When he didn't respond I shook it more violently, causing him to wake up.

"Hey Vi," He said drowsily. He sat up slightly and I sat on his lap and giggled.

"How was work?" I asked, playing with his silky hair.

"Meh, I was forced to write about Prufrock Preperatory School again," I frowned.

"Seriously? Why don't you ask to write about what you were telling me?" 

"Huh? The children's book?" 

"Yes! We could read it to our baby!" I giggled. Duncan kissed my cheek and I stopped playing with his hair. He put a hand on my stomach and smiled.

"Boy or Girl?" He asked me happily.

"Well that reveal will come later,"  I giggled, causing him to look a little annoyed for a second, but that immediately was washed away by compassion.

"Why not now?" He asked.

"Don't push it or I'll tell you tomorrow night!" I teased. I stood on the ground and gripped his hand in mine, he squeezed it gently and I led him into the kitchen.

DUNCAN'S POV

Violet led me into the kitchen, I'll admit that idea about the children's book isn't that bad, but what was in the kitchen caught my breath in my throat. I felt my smile grow as I looked around, there was lights and streamers, just like a children's party, all of them were patterned pink and blue. Isadora put a party hat on my head, which said 'boy or girl?' And was also pink and blue. On the table there was a cake. The cake was striped with- can you guess?- pink and blue icing. Violet had already sat down and handed me the cake knife.

"Cut it," She whispered. I sliced the cake in half and revealed three layers- two pink and one blue. 

"Violet?" I asked. She gazed at me. "Triplets?!" She nodded, I grabbed her waist and pulled her into a sweet kiss with joy. "TRIPLETS!" I screamed with excitement. "Oh god we're having triplets," I dont know if I was more happy, scared or excited!