Chapter Two

"You know, you're not the first patient to ignore me this week," Ms

"You know, you're not the first patient to ignore me this week," Ms. Adams offers a small smile to the young man. He's around half the age of her with devilishly good looks and a snarky personality.

"I'm not ignoring you," he speaks up, his voice coming out like a growl. She doesn't flinch, only smiles wider.

"This is the first time you've talked to me in the last ten minutes you've been here, Nicklaus," she states, taking a sip of the water in her mug resting beside her.

"I said to call me Klaus."

"Oh. I'm sorry, Klaus. My apologies."

The room goes silent. He sends her daggers, his eyes set on her.

"Are you trying to intimidate me, Klaus?" she asks, the smile never fading from her face.

"Why would I do that, Sara?" his eyes narrow.

"Calling me by my first name? That's fine, if you wish. You do like feeling in control though, don't you? You like having the power. That's why you chose to call me Sara, and not Doctor Adams, correct?"

His eyes glisten, a small smirk playing on his lips. He chooses not to respond.

"Klaus, I can only help you if you let me in. There's a reason you signed up for my therapy lessons. You know that, I know that. I am here to help you. So, tell me a bit about yourself," she crosses her legs.

"Very well. My name is Klaus Mikaelson. I own a local bar here in New Orleans with my mate. That same friend, if you could call him that, made me sign up for therapy. He thinks I'm lonely. Clearly, I'm not. I mean, I sleep with a different girl every night. They certainly tell me I have many 'talents'. So excuse me if I don't exactly want to talk about the problems that I don't in fact have," he gets up, checking his watch. "Looks like that's all the time I have, love."

"Klaus, your friend, you mentioned he suggested therapy?" she stands with him, putting her hands out to make him stop for a moment. After all, they're supposed to have thirty more minutes in their session.

"And?" he raises an eyebrow, slipping on his jet black leather jacket.

"Well, why do you think he suggested that?" she asks, wanting to dig deeper.

"Because he's jealous, Sara," Klaus winks, opening the door.

"Klaus, wait! There's still thirty minutes left in the session."

"I'll be back next week. Goodbye, love," he tips his head as he exits the building, leaving her as she heaves a heavy sigh.

• • •

"Marcel!" Klaus smirks, placing a hand on the man's shoulder.

He looks up at him, "well?"

"Well what?"

"How'd it go?" he rolls his eyes, as if it's obvious.

Klaus chuckles, "what, the therapy? I left. It was dumb."

"Klaus! You ass! You didn't even try to give her a chance?" Marcel shakes his head, scoffing at his idiotic best friend.

"I don't need someone trying to dig into my personal shit. Especially someone who makes money off of it at the same time," he grunts, stealing the shot from Marcel's grasp and downing it.

He narrows his eyes, "she can help you."

"I don't want help," Klaus stands, patting his back. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go meet Amber at her apartment."

"The red head? Klaus, come on! Enough with these one night stands. Don't you want to find someone, I don't know, real?"

Klaus thinks for a second before shrugging. "Trust me my friend, Amber is very, very real. Especially those breasts of hers. See you tomorrow!"

• • •

Second chapter! How are you all liking it so far? Any predictions? :)

XoXo