Chap. 5

"What do you mean you yelled at them?!" Opal exclaims outrageously.

     "I mean, I told them off," I say. "And I did not yell at them. I was kind of calm and had total control."

     "'Control'? You did not have control! If you did you would have never said anything in the first place! It doesn't just affect you, but all of us."

     "Oh, my, god. Can we just drop the conversation and pretend it never happened?" Christan groans. "She did it, it happened, it's over. Therefore, this conversation is over."

     I smile. "See? He gets it."

     "No! This is serious! What if--"

     Opal is interuppted when the scoring starts on the T.V. "District 1, Ethan Lokie, score of. . . 9. District 1, Wish Gonzalez, score of. . . 9. District 2, Christan Foley, score of. . . 10."

     Everyone exclaims with delight. "Good job," I say, smiling.

     We turn back to the T.V. "District 2, Crystali Evans, score of. . . 10."

     Everyone exclaims again. "We have to celebrate!" Freda says.

     "To  Crystali and Christan, the two Tributes who know what they're doing," Finn says.

     "Cheers," everyone says and clings their glasses together.

                           ***

     The next day I wake up to someone knocking on my door. "Come in," I say still asleep.

     Freda comes in with a dress, a pair of heels, and some nail polish. "I have your clothes for your interview tonight!"

     "Wow. The dress look pretty," I say.

     "I knew you would like it! Now, we need to do your hair. Go wash your hair and we'll deal with it when your done. I'll be in here thinking about hairstyles for you."

                        ***

     "Oh! I got it!" Opal says. Finally. We've been sitting here thinking of hairstyles for an hour!

     She brushes my hair out until all the tangles and snarls are out and starts to do the design. When she's done she hands me a small mirror to look at the hairstyle. "So?"

     "I don't like it. . . I love it!" I say. "It's so pretty!"

     "Okay, okay. We don't have that much time left! Let's get you dressed."

     She helps me into the dress and put the heels on. I walk around the room to get used to the heels.

     "Your ready!" Opal says proudly of her creation.

                           ***

     "Would you give a warm welcome to the Tribute from District 2. . . Cristali Evans!"

     The roar of the crowd makes me nervous. I walk onto stage and greet Vixen Flipper, the interviewer.

     "So, tell me, how exactly did you get that 10 in the training?" He asks eagerly.

     "I don't think I can talk about it. But I can tell you, it was hard as heck not to hold it back."

     "What do you find diffrent about the Capitol then from back home in District 2?"

     "Um, well, everything. The showers, the food, the people."

     The crowd laughs. Seriously? I'm not even trying to be funny and they think I am? They must have a bad sense of humor.

     "So, we already know your good with knives and daggers. What else are you good at?"

     "Um, well I'm good at making stuff. I help my dad out in the shop after school."

     "Really? Well, maybe you can build someone away in the Arena." He laughs and so does the crowd. "Do you enjoy helping your dad in the shop?"

     I nod. "Of course! But I only get ten minutes. After, I have to go train."

     "Ah. . . Of course. One last question. Do you think you will make it through the Games?"

     I think about it for a moment. "I don't think. I hope."

     "Very nice," Vixen says quietly and stands up. "Cristali Evans, the warrior princess!" He holds my arm up and the crowd goes crazy.

     Maybe I will make it out alive. You never know.

                             ***

Oooof. Sorry if this was a short chapter....again. ;-;

Yep.

I got high off a marker called fresh air.....don't ask....

I'll update chapter 6 in 2 days or so. Depends on what's going on.