~bonus chapter~

(PLEASE SPAM WITH COMMENTS  - LOVE YOU ALL ENJOY THE FINAL EVER PART *CRIES*)

Jane walked around the library with a soft smile on her face. She picked up the book that she was looking for and sat back down at her table with her study partner. He glanced up at her with a cheeky grin, his freckles dancing around his face, his hair still messy and dark. Jane didn't think she would ever get tired of looking at Mike, his pale smiley face causing her insides to feel like she was seasick, but in a good way. 

"Found it?" he asked with a soft smile, his chin resting on his hand. 

She nodded, scanning through the pages with a sigh as she tried to find the correct section. She sent a small glare to Mike as he not-so-subtly moved his chair closer, playing with a strand of her growing hair as she read. He sighed every few seconds, pinching her soft hair between his long fingers and tugged on it playfully trying to get her attention. 

"Mike" she warned, continuing to turn pages. 

"You've been studying all day" he mumbled stubbornly, leaning closer and resting his head on her shoulder as she read like when she used to read to him. His dark hair tickled her cheek and she tried to shove him away, glaring down at her book as he simply linked their fingers together. 

Mike never seemed to understand the concept of public affection. While Jane was still on edge at school, her eyes always searching for snide comments or dirty looks, Mike was at ease and always wrapped around her like a favorite sweater. He would constantly play with her fingers in class or at lunch, teasing her until she turned bright red, his heart skipping a beat at the sight of her adorable blush. 

"Go and find your friends or something" she offered, tucking a curl behind her ear as he sighed in boredom. 

"I want to spend time with you" his eyes were wide, his mouth set into a small pout and for a moment she lost herself at the sight of his innocent request. She hesitated, looking between him and her book until she saw his lips twitch into a smirk and whacked him on the shoulder, continuing to study. 

Mike was about to steal her attention away again when another voice interrupted them, the voice of an entirely cruel type of teasing. Jane froze, turning around to see Troy whistling under his breath as he watched the couple all cozy in the library. 

"Well, if it isn't the nerd and the freak" he cooed with a sneaky smirk. "I heard that you were a weird little couple but haven't had the pleasure of seeing you myself yet."

Jane's eyes lowered and she kept her head down as if hoping that she could become invisible. She kept her gaze on her book, holding back tears as Mike froze, anger filling his bones. She was all too used to everyone's comments and it hurt even more when it was about her and Mike, deep down she knew that they were all right. She wasn't good enough for him and he should simply stay away. 

Mike automatically stood up, his voice low. "Piss off, Troy. Go find something else to do instead of giving everyone else shit."

"I knew you were weird Wheeler, but dating her is on a whole other level" Troy shuddered, smirking as Mike's eyes darkened, a deep frown settled on his face. 

"Shut your mouth" Mike argued. "Just because nobody wants to be with you."

Troy scoffed. "I would rather be alone than with the freak."

Jane felt a tear roll down her cheek, keeping her back to them so that Mike couldn't see her cry. When Mike stepped forward to argue with Troy more, she shot up from the table and ran out of the room, leaving all of her stuff behind. Mike called after her and shoved Troy angrily who snickered, but she wiped her tears, rushing down the hallway away from them both.