The escape

"Miss Beverly?"

"I said where is Miss Beverly!" the tall man repeated 

"In her office..."

"Thanks" He marched towards her office. when he stepped into her office he asked "Where is Ella William Clark? I have a package for her."

My eyes widen as I hear my name. I walked straight into her small office.

The grey wallpaper was halfway ripped. In the middle of the room, Miss Beverly stood behind the tall desk filled with papers, watching the birds fly from her window. In her hand was the brown package meant for me.

The man looked at me with his green eyes as I entered the room. I looked at the package wondering what could be inside.

"This happens to be yours, Now go." She snapped

She roughly handed the small package to me.

Running to my uncomfortable bed, I ripped open the brown package paper and there laid a small book. "The 4 Gemstones". I read what was written on the cover, it had a leather backing and realistic gems engraved into it.

I had no idea who would send this to me. It couldn't be from my parents nor from my sisters or my disgusting brothers they are all dead.

I started to read the book it sounds like riddles and poems more than a story. After 3o minutes of reading I then realized the more I read the more it sounds like what had just happened to me, the only difference is that my family sounds alive in the book.

As I flipped to the next page it was blank, devoid of any words or pictures. I immediately checked the rest of the pages, but all of them were as white and blank as the first one.

Then suddenly something started to appear, it was writing.

I read quickly as more words appeared it said something along the line of

To live life is hard and tiring but, to

Find treasure is a whole other thing.

Your an explorer just like your beloved

Father kind, innocent and loving but,

You must love him . your father loved to explore and 

Visit Indiana  it happens to be the best place 

'What does this mean?' I thought as the words kept repeating and repeating in my head.

Then shank marched into the room with a furious look on her red face.

"I can't stand her! She is really trying to push me into doing extra work! I wish I could just leave or get adopted for once in my life!"

"Escape to Indiana to find my father... I need to escape and go to Indiana!" I realized, my eyes wide.

"Huh?" Shank says, confusion written across her face, her previous anger forgotten.

Shank tries to convince me into telling her what I'm going on about, but I was to busy thinking of a way out of hearing and how I could possibly reach Indiana. Indiana is on the other side of America.

"Ella why-why do you want to go to Indiana?" Shank kept interrupting my thinking using the same words over and over.

"To reach my father, now I need to think of a way out of here."

"Escape? Your thinking of escaping. No one has ever escaped Miss Beverly's security, and did I hear you say, father?" Shank says

"Yes I said father- now can you leave me to think for a little bit?"

"For your information, your in an orphanage because you have no parents or relatives to take care of you. If your father is alive then technically you're not an orphan, that means you don't have to be here!" Shank said, her eyes wide with realization.

"Wait, what?" I asked

She looked at me like I was dumb and annoying- which I kinda was. She rolled her eyes and stuck her hand under her bed pulling an average looking bag.

Suddenly she started to shove things into her bag and asked "Do you have money?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Then I know someone who can help." She interrupted.

She zipped her bag and dragged me to the side of the the orphanage that I have never seen before. She stopped in front of a torn wooden brown door. She looked around and opened the door and ran in I followed behind her and realized we were outside.

"Where are you taking me?" I questioned, she answered with silence. As I looked around I realized i had no clue where we were. We approached the stairs leading to the basement, but something was odd something and seemed out of place.

This looked like a subway station, it was big huge and abandoned, no-one was there.

I looked around, in search for Shank, but there was no trace of her. She was gone, and I was left alone in an abandoned subway station. What are the odds of that? Nothing, but me and my phones flashlight.... flickering then nothing. Oh great, my phone just died! Silence surrounds me, then I hear a scratch led by the sound of water drops hitting the ground . Light enters the dark and rusty place. I turned to see Shank running her hands along the brick wall, just before she stops abruptly. She then pushes a brick against the wall, and a big gap appears in front of her lighting the old and rusty place. It was filled with spider webs and dust.

I rush to her with the hope that this is her she turns and starts to walk towards me i look at her she seems taller. Light shined against her light skin, wait since when does Shank have light skin? Then i realize it's a man with thick black hair and deep blue eyes that twinkled as the light shined into the old and dusty place, this was definitely not Shank. Backing up, I try to think of an excuse for being down here.

"The trains have somehow stopped moving sir." My words echoed.

He laugh and looked at me quresly, then I hear laughter behind him, but I didn't bother to look.

"Hi, I'm Jack." He introduced himself in a deep voice, then I realized the echoing voice of laughter got louder.