A new day

Its sometimes impossible to think straight when there is something/one you can't get off your mind. All the way from my home to school I couldn't think straight, I guess it comes with not being straight lol...

A lot are on my mind though, I hate Thursdays, the first class is usually biology, followed by maths, I love biology, but the teacher is so deep up his own ass he thinks he is a professor. Then maths oooh save me, I dread this with every fibre in my body, it's always the first subject I check whenever our report cards are given to us, as long as I don't have an f in math  I am fine.

Then I can't deny the fact that the thoughts of Tope keeps brooding all over all other worries.

As usual, we started with our assembly, then made our ways like zombies to our classes. Shortly our teacher walks in, with his usual over confident grin, I think it's a defence mechanism, he limps, he was either born that way or sustained the deformity from an accident, whichever way, he covers up with being a know it all over confident prick.

Then maths 😭😭😭😭😭 45mins of statistical magic.. then a free period. Everyone is busy with something; writing notes, playing games, conversing. Tope leaned in to converse, he asked are you and wunmi dating? I was already used to being asked this question, most time; I love it, however this time I don't. He is maybe into her☹️, there goes my sand castle.

Ade: No we are just friends, she's my best friend. He smiled and responded;

Tope: I thought I was your best friend.

Ade:Lol really you just resumed to this school, I don't even know you..

Tope: so you want to know me more?

Ade: [a trick question?] Hmm idk, maybe,      we are friends na, sure.

Tope: so what do you want to know?

Ade: hmm, what was your last school?

Tope: kings College [with a grin on his face]

Ade: hmm is it true what they say about that school?

Tope: what do they say about my schoool😎

Ade: you know na 🤨

Tope: they say alot about KC, so which?

Ade: [with fear in my throat]well that you guys are perverts 😶

Tope: perverts how, It's an only boys school you know right?

Ade: I know, nevermind.

Tope: is that all you want to know about me?

[Miss Shola our literature teacher walks in]

Now this is a class I love, this is a class I get to be in my element. Our lit-text for that day was "arms and the man", I had read it during the holiday, it was really interesting, it tells a story of love between two waring countries, a general's daughter protects a soldier from the opposition during the war. In their short stay together, they fell in love. Beautiful isn't it, love is all about, taking risks

Our literature class typically entails class discussions, and role playing

Our literature class typically entails class discussions, and role playing. I prefer the discussion part, cause I'm a terrible actor.

We had a couple of other classes, by the closing hour, Tope asked again

Tope: are you sure that's all you want to know?

Tope: about the the KC boys being pervs... Well maybe

Ade: are you a perve?

Tope: depends on your definition of pervert, do you want me to be one?

Ade:[is this guy on something?] What's my own concern, be anything you want to be na

Tope: so ... You and your best friend, nothing has happened between you people?

Ade: O ma ga ooo... What should happen between best friends, do you and your best friend do things?

Tope: are you not my best friend, are we doing things, or you want us to ?

Ade: [ this guy is playing me, how do I respond to this] why did you leave KC?

Tope: is that what I asked, you ? I left because my parents didn't like the school anymore, I guess they heard the pervert tale you heard.

Ade: maybe, I hope you enjoy this place.

Tope: I already do.

A strong voice tells me at last I have found someone like me, this is new  to me, what do I do, plus this is not how I have dreamt of my first relationship, Tope stays in the school hostel, i won't get to see him on weekends. Well I guess I'm being too over my head, it's not yet certain what sort of connection we have, I hope it's what I think