5

We all walk into Derek's house at 9. Leah adventures of to the bar. Newt and I stay together. We walk through the living room and I notice the girls checking out Newt. It's kind of awkward between us because what he said.

I flashback to the moment where we were in my room. When Newt and I were talking .

"I like you, Tayah. You are an amazing dancer, funny, beautiful and I feel like I've known you for more then a few weeks."

I did not expect him to say this I didn't know what to do in that moment. I froze. I was thinking say something, Tayah, say something. I didn't know how I felt about this. Or how I should feel about this. Do I like him? Do I say me too?

"Hey Leah, you ready yet?" I say. This is the first thing I say. Out of all the other things I could have said, I said that! I felt so bad for Newt. I didn't even acknowledge what he said. How stupid can I be?

Leah comes sliding into my room at 7:50.

"You want to finish getting ready Tay? It takes me forever to look this fabulous!" Leah says while making a funny face. Newt and I laugh. Then Leah and I go get ready for the party.

"Newton, thank you and I like you too" I say walking out of my room. I look over my shoulder to see him smile as I finally acknowledged what he had just said.

I get pulled back from my flashback when I noticed Newton asking me a question.

"Tayah want a drink?"

"Ya, I'll come with you" I reply.

We walk to the drink table and it's loaded with all sorts of different drinks. I saw a cooler so I decided to open it up and inside was beer. So I grab one and wait until Newt is done mixing his drink.

"You good?" I ask Newton

"Ya"

"So what do you want to do?"

"Socialize I guess"

"Wanna go check out the living room?"

"Sure"

We walk to the living room looking around to see if we know anyone else around. We see Leah flirting with some random guy. When I look at Newt there was a group of girls talking to him. So I decide to go check out the house and leave him.

I find Tori alone. I begin to worry because she is rarely alone. She is always with her boyfriend. I went to go check up on her to make sure she's okay.

"Hey" I say

"Hey you came" Tori replies with a side smile.

"Ya. Leah's off flirting with some guy and Newt is getting piled on by girls. So I decided to walk around and I saw you alone so I thought why not catch up?"

"Well I just caught my now ex boyfriend cheating on me with Julianna. So life is good with me" Tori says then let's out a sigh.

"Tori he didn't deserve you. You need a man who will treat you right and let's just say he's was not" I say and give her a comfort hug.

" I don't believe I have actually introduced you to Newton yet" I say while we make our way towards Newton.

When we get to Newton there is still a crowd of girls around him. So I push my way through them and Tori trails behind me in the pathway I cleared.

"You look like you are having fun" I say to him.

"Not really you ditched me" he replies while looking down.

"You looked like your hands were full" I move my hands around the room showing all the girls around him.

"Hi I'm Tori" Tori says to stop the the conversation before it gets heated.

"Tori is one of my best friends. I think I mentioned her to you right?"

"Ya you have. It's nice to officially meet you Tori" Newt say while glancing at me.

"Tori is going to come the sleepover at my house tonight too"

"Ya. By the way can I borrow clothes for the next day?" Tori asks

"Of course!"

"I'm going to leave you two for some time. I see you later, okay?" Tori says while starting to walk away

"Okay. See ya." I wave. I look around for the closest drink table. I see one to my left but I didn't see a cooler or any beer.

"Seriously? Why did you ditch me? I was lonely"

"Having 10 girls surrounding you is lonely? I'm going to get a drink" I start walking towards the table I saw and there was barely anything left. I check the time and it's only 9:30. It seriously felt longer then 30 minutes. I grab the coke bottle and the rye and mix it.

I notice that Newton wasn't where I left him. I look beside me and he was there mixing a new drink.

" Tayah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you feel like I didn't want to hangout with you"

"You don't know how I feel about this!Don't just make assumptions. I am fine. Maybe next time you should prove to me that you actually like me. By not getting distracted by other girls but going after me, by noticing that I am leaving. If you really liked me you would have went after me. You would have checked if I was okay"

"I'm sorry" he apologizes

"Stop apologizing" I say with tears building up in my eyes.

I was never the girl who was able to control my emotions good enough. When ever I get angry or upset, I cry. I couldn't hide my emotions. They just flow out of me with nothing to stop or control them.

I look up at Newt and one tear comes out of my right eye. I saw him notice so I quickly walk away toward the washroom.

Main floor washroom was locked. I go downstairs it's locked. As I walk up the stairs back to the main floor Newt grabs me and pulls me back down the stairs and hugs me.

"Tayah, I don't just like you, I think I love you" he says as he hugs me tighter. As I'm being hugged I feel like it's only us. I feel so safe in his arms. I feel our hearts beating in unison. I forget I am mad at him.

He pulls back and looks at me straight in the eyes and I look straight back in his deep blue eyes. I could drown in them.

All the sudden Leah comes running down the stairs towards me with a serious face. I break apart from Newt and make my way towards her.

"Tay you need to come upstairs right now. Tori needs us."

" Oh my is she okay? Let's go!"