L.A. BOUND

As the early morning sunlight crept in the hotel windows, I awoke feeling Eddie’s arms tight around my waist, his hands holding mine, and his warm, steady breath on the back of my neck.  It was so irresistible I could have stayed there forever… but reality called.  It was time to leave Mountain View, and I still had to gather my things from my room and let the girls know I wouldn’t be coming back to Detroit with them just yet.  Sighing and forcing my body into action, I loosened myself from Eddie’s grip and edged off the bed to put my clothes on.

“Mnmmmnn, Iz… don’t go…”

I had disturbed the hibernating bear, but his eyes never opened.  After buttoning up my shirt and throwing my pants on, I leaned over the bed and caressed his cheek.

“Go back to sleep, Eddie.  I’ll be back to get you up and then it’s off to the city of angels,” I whispered in his ear.  He smiled in his half-sleep and curled up into a tighter ball under the comforter.  

“Ohhhhh fine,” he mumbled like a little child accepting his fate from Mom or Dad.  “Don’t take too long, I want ya here…….. kay?”  He sluggishly pointed at the mattress next to him and then his arm went limp.

He was out again like a light.  That was just entirely too cute.  That was way too excruciatingly cute!

I hurried over to Spin Control’s door and, unlocking it, found that Mike had already gotten up and left my room unoccupied.  Perfect, now I can get everything together without worrying about noise.  I didn’t realize as I packed up my luggage in a whirlwind that someone had been watching me.

“You’re going with them for the rest of the tour, aren’t you,” I heard from behind me.  I turned around to see Liz in a bathrobe, her hair wrapped up in a towel, leaning against the doorframe with a knowing grin on her lips.  I hesitated.  

“Because if you’re hesitating, you totally should go,” she reassured me.  Damn, this girl knows me inside and out! 

“I would have told you sooner, Liz, but Eddie just asked me last night once everyone already passed out.  I won’t be gone long—I should be back to Detroit in a week and a half,” I said.

“Hey, loon, relax.  It’s fine!  Take a month if you want!  You know you have the time off from work.  Anyway, I was talking to James last night about making a trip out to Seattle to see the guys if you wound up going with them.  I’m just really happy for you, Iz.  I still can hardly believe any of this even happened,” she explained, a thin layer of moisture building up in front of her baby blues.  

“Are you… crying?”

“Shut the fuck up, I love you Iz,” she said as she walked over and gave me a sweet, soft hug—the kind you get from your best friend when you both know that life is good.  “Now let me help you get your stuff in the elevator and down to the Pearl Jam bus because they’re leaving crazy early and if we stand here talking I actually will cry.”

Liz came all the way down to the bus with me, in her bathrobe and all, so we could say proper goodbyes.  To my surprise, when we came up closer to the bus, I saw Ruby and Jamie standing next to Ruby’s bags which were piled on the curb.

“Ruby, what’s going on?!” I exclaimed.  Ruby could not keep a smile from her face.  My God, is she unwell or something?? 

“Stone asked if I wanted to come along for the rest of the tour since Eddie’s driving in the car… with you I assume.  It sounded like they had enough space on the bus, so I said yes!”

“Holy shit!  I knew it!  There is something going on with you two, isn’t there!  I fucking knew it, Ruby.  For I am the Isabelle, and I see all,” I joked with her before walking up and giving her a hug.