Chapter 9

[Stiles POV]

"What the hell do you mean? What are you talking about?" I say to Derek. He looks down at the ground for a moment and scuffs his shoe.

"I mean that there's another wolf, Stiles. An Alpha. And I know what the Alpha is planning." I put my hands in a circular motion to let him know to keep on talking. "He wants Scott in his pack. How can he do that with his genius friend, hot girlfriend who is from a family of hunters, and everyone else in his own pack? Lydia? Jackson? What would they think? How would the Alpha get past them?"

"It's not exactly like Lydia and Scott are friends."

"Maybe not, but obviously you and her are---for lack of a better term---quite friendly."

"Hey now! You don't-"

"Cut it out, Stiles. I just watched her practically bite your shirt off." Couldn't argue that.

"So what? Scott is going to go rabid and kill all of his friends come the full moon?"

"Maybe. But not necessarily by choice. Come with me." Derek grabs my arm and pulls me out the backway of the closet.

[Lydia POV]

"Jackson, wait!" I yell to Jackson as he races down the hall. "It's not Scott!" I yell impulsively. I put my hand over my mouth right after those words are said. Why, Lydia, why? Jackson stops and turns around.

"Oh, it's not? Then who is it, dear?" He says "dear" quite sarcastically. I bite my lip and look off to the side. "It was Danny." His gay best friend? What. The. Hell. Lydia. WHAT KIND OF ANSWER IS THAT?!

"Danny?!" Well that answer more than obviously tanked. "As in my best friend who prefers MEN?"

"Yeah. He wanted to be completely sure he was gay, so I told him we could...make out a little bit. No big deal, really." His hands unclench. "He also said not to talk about it. Even I couldn't start his engine." Jackson grabs my arm and pulls me towards him.

"Lydia..." He trails off. He makes a face as though he is connecting two pieces of a puzzle. "You smell good. You smell like Armani." I don't know where he is going with this. "That's the scent Danny wears." I feel relief rush over my body. He lets go of my arm. "Where's Scott?" He asks flatly. Why would he still want to know that?

"I don't know, Jackson. I really don't." He walks away from me. And just as he is walking, he runs into Scott.

OK, filler chapter. It's late and I didn't have much time to write. Other than that, sorry for the long wait and I'll get back online soon to update!