Chapter 5 Texting Time

Aniya's POV

From: BKing

      Niya, first of all. I'm not even with a girl right now. Second of all, I'm not even looking to even talk to any girls right now except for one...you. Starting tonight. I'm going to do whatever it takes to make you not hate me by the end of senior year.

      I was driving to get my little siblings in silence with my mom in the passenger seat and Blake in the back. I could see him through my rear view mirror and just kept glancing at him. Did he really mean what he said in that text? Was I the only girl he was going to go after the entirety of senior year? I doubted it but something inside me wanted to see if it was true.

Once we were at the school my mom had me park so she could go get my siblings. It was weird that they were still in elementary school when I was a senior but that's what happens when your parents wait forever to have more kids.

      My mom said she would be in there about 15 minutes since my little brother was in fifth grade and my little sister was in second. This gave me a chance to question Blake.

To: BKing

      Blake...

To: BKing

      I don't think you mean that. You've never wanted for me to like you. You've been mean to me since we met.

      I could hear his phone buzz in his lap and watched in the mirror as he reached down to grab it. I didn't want him to know was was watching him so I just looked back down at my phone and texted Corrine. I just wanted her to know that I really hope she's having a great time and I'm not mad at her for leaving me for a boy.

      Suddenly my phone vibrated in my hands as a notification from Blake showed up. Without hesitation for once I immediately opened it.

From: BKing

      I've never hated you. I know I've been an asshole to you since we met but that doesn't mean I didn't want you to like me. You were just easy to make fun of.

      I couldn't believe what I was reading. He wanted me to like him. He had just admitted he was an asshole to me for no reason. That I never expected.

To: BKing

      Well, if you want me to not hate you. You'll have to show me. Plus what made you not wanna be an asshole to me?

Blake's POV

      It felt so weird sitting here texting Niya. I knew she was going to ask me that. But how could I tell her that the reason I wanted her to like me was because Corrine had made me finally realize that I liked her. That I've always liked her. That the reason that it never felt right with any of the other girls was because they threw themselves at me and she didn't. She was the hard to get one. The one I had always secretly wanted.

To: Niya (sis's friend)

      Corrine.
To: Niya (sis's friend)

      She's the reason. She made me realize something that I should've before.

      I knew that I should just talk to her since we are in the car together but some part of me knew I would share too much with her too fast. She would find out everything sooner or later but right now wasn't the time.

      Suddenly my phone buzzed in my hand but it wasn't who I was hoping it would be. It was Corrine.

From: Idiot Twin

      Blake, you know I love you. But if you hurt her I promise that I won't have a twin anymore.

To: Idiot Twin

      I know Corri. I don't plan to hurt her. Ever again. I promise.

      I pressed send knowing that I should be promising that to Niya and not Corrine but I guess we will get to the point where I promise Niya. When I promise that I will never hurt her again and that I will be there for her for the rest of her life... the rest of our life.

A/N
Hey guys. It's been a long time. I suck. I know. But I'm back I hope. Anyway what do you think about Blake trying to get her to like him? Any ideas of stuff he should do?

As always add to your library, vote and comment.
Much love
A.