1

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

Renjun woke up at 04:30, like he does every morning

Renjun woke up at 04:30, like he does every morning. He went for a shower, not caring about what he looks like when he comes out. The shower was quite cold, rubbing his arms for heat (as well as scrubbing himself with a heavily mint scented shower gel). It's not like I'd look good anyway. He pulled up his soft, worn out, light blue jeans and a salmon dress shirt (that he believed belonged to his father). He took a while to find a light brown backpack, which was seemingly forgotten about in a pile of laundry he needed to clean. Slipping out of his room quietly.

Not wanting to wake his mother, he silently tiptoed his way in to her room, placing her pills, along with a bottle of water on her side table. Gently placing a kiss on her forehead, whispering a quiet 'I love you.'

Renjun suddenly started rushing, grabbing his shattered phone (which he believed was an old Samsung). He only ever used it to check up on his mother at home. He quickly rushed out, making his way out of the cheap apartment complex. Spotting the small cafe he went to daily, ordering his coffee, which he added two shots of expresso too.

He hated it, but it kept him awake. Nowadays he didn't even have to say his order, all he had to do was walk up to the counter and pay Joy, the early morning worker at the cafe. Sitting down at his usual seat, he checked the time.

05:00, I have a bit of time.

His order was soon brought to him, along with the croissant he ordered. Joy sent him her signature smile, to which he gave a nod. He hadn't smiled in a while, he's practically forgotten how to.

Renjun had till 5:25 to set off to the train station, where he would catch his 05:45 train, which took about 45 minutes to reach his destination. By 06:30 he would have to walk to Neo School Of The Arts, which took an hour. By that time the schools main art room would be unlocked, where he would spend his remaining half hour, before school officially started, painting and drawing away.

Checking the time once again, he noticed it was time to set off. He bowed to Joy, saying thank you. She smiled at the small boy, feeling happy that he actually ate something. Joy always felt responsible for the young boy, she was always happy to see him, learning quite a lot about him over the years.

She helped get him a job at the cafe as well, where he works in the evening, with another worker named Seulgi. Five workers in total, the other three being Irene, Yeri and Wendy, took responsibility for him. But he never let them care too much, he never let anyone in.

By now Renjun has reached the subway, buying his ticket, with the very little money he had. As his train arrived, he quickly gave his change to a homeless man who sat near the ticket stand. Finally catching the almost empty train, he sat down in silence.

✰ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ 💛 ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ✰

Neo School Of The Arts was a very prestigious school, full of young prodigies

Neo School Of The Arts was a very prestigious school, full of young prodigies. It is an expensive school, and someone of Renjun's class wasn't one to attend. But with his scholarship, he can. The only reason he attends here is because he wants a good job when he is older, so he can take care of his mother better. To have the school on his CV or said in interviews would make him a front runner for any job. He does doubt he can make it, he doubts he can do anything.

Finally arriving to the art room, grabbing his tattered sketch pad, he sat down right in the back corner (almost hidden away from the world). Renjun always felt like art was all he had, the only thing he's confident in. He clearly never noticed the looks he got because of his handsome looks, or the high scores and grades given in tests, or even the praise given to him by teachers.

By now he had been drawing for about 15 minutes now, and it was nearing school hours. Hearing the other students outside. Renjun took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for today. Packing away some his stuff, holding his spare books in his arms. He walked towards the door, not wanting to be late for class.