Chapter 6

The rest of lunch was quiet. Mainly because I was too busy thinking. After lunch was over, more and more classes flew by. The bell rang and school was finally out.

"Hey there! How was school?" my grandpa asked me with a welcoming smile.

"Good. I like my teachers. And the school nice." I said in a monotone. I just couldn't get Carter off my mind. Maybe I was in love? I haven't really ever been in love before. Like true love.

"Well, that's better than bad I would say." My grandpa replied.

There was a silence for quite a while. I sat looking out the window. Then all of a sudden I got a notification from my phone. It was a text from Miranda.

{texts with Miranda}

Miranda- Hey! Wanna hang out today? Maybe meet up at the park?

Maybe that would get him off my mind.

Me- sure! I'll meet you there around 5:00.

We reached my house and I ran inside up to my room. I guess I've never really been in love with someone I don't even know. I didn't feel like myself.

(Grandpa's pov)

Neveah ran inside. I wonder if her day was actually good or something might of happened. I didn't know if I should go and talk to her or just leave her alone.

"Neveah's acting different. Don't you agree?" I asked my wife (Neveah's grandma) as I walked inside.

"Yeah, she just ran upstairs. You have any idea on what happened?"

"No. I'm guessing something went wrong. I'm just going to leave her alone. Maybe she's just tired." I replied.

(Neveah's pov)

I set my backpack down and sat down on my blue mushroom chair. That chair is my "thinking chair". I usually get good ideas for new books to write, or just to think about life. I sat and sat and slowly dozed off.

******

I hope you liked this chapter! Thanks! ❤️