Chapter 10

I got all of my stuff and was heading toward history class. I remembered that Hunter was in my class. Crap. This'll be awkward.

I walked in with out making eye contact with anyone. I made my way to my seat and sat down. I looked up to see if he was in class yet and sure enough he was. I tried to not make eye contact with him. Then Carter came in. I wondered why he needed to talk to Kailee so urgently.

My teacher began to talk and call off names.

"Luke... here. Melanie... here! Hunter... present. Sam... here. Neveah.. did I say that correctly?"

"Yep, here." I said as everyone looked my way.

"Wow that's such a cool name! So unique!" My teacher said with enthusiasm.

"Thank you." I said softly. Everyone looked back at the teacher except Hunter. He was still staring at me. I pretending to not notice. I decided to look at him and smile.

He smiled back and got all red. The teacher ran her mouth more and then finally the class was over. I collected my stuff but with my luck, it all fell off the desk. Hunter raced and picked it up for me.

"Thanks..." I said as I took it from him.

"Yeah anytime." He said and smiled.

Alrighty then. He likes me. Obviously. Miranda was wrong, he totally likes me. I guess I was happy since not a lot of people like me... ever.

******

This chapter was pretty short but the next one will be long! Thanks for reading❤️👌