Chapter 2

"kooB!"

waS ran over to her old friend and immediately wrapped her up in a tight hug. kooB squirmed.

"Ah — get off me!" kooB scolded, pushing waS off her. "What's gotten into you?"

Her tone was harsh, as it usually was, but it didn't discourage waS any. "Oh, geez, sorry. I just missed you so much!"

kooB brushed off her gray cover. "But you saw me just yesterday. Don't be clingy..."

"I... I dunno, something feels off today," waS spoke shrilly, frowning. "Home seems awfully different today."

"You think?" kooB asked dryly.

"L-look around! It doesn't look normal, does it?!" waS's voice cracked. "It's all bright and weird!"

"I know that! I'm not blind," kooB snapped. "I was being sarcastic, you dolt."

"You're being meaner than usual," waS grumbled, looking down.

"I—" kooB sighed. "Sorry. I just...all this is giving me a headache."

"Well..." waS started anxiously, "I think what I'm about to tell you will worsen it."

"Ugh," kooB groaned. "Just get it over with."

"I saw ocaT, and she was acting extremely strangely," waS whimpered. "She called me 'Saw', and she was so colorful!"

kooB let out another sigh and began to rub her eyes. "This won't do," she muttered. "This won't do at all."

"W-what?" waS asked, nervousness in her voice. "What do you mean by that?"
"waS," kooB started, "I don't think we're in the same universe as we were yesterday."

"What?!" waS borderline screamed. "What are you talking about?!"

"Quiet! You'll bring attention to us that we don't need," kooB spoke through clenched teeth. She grabbed waS's arm and dragged her farther away from the crowd. "Don't you remember when I told you about parallel universes?"

"No," waS admitted. "I, uh... kinda zoned out. Through...all of it."

kooB groaned softly. "This place that we're in seems like home — but it's slightly different. That's why I think ... somehow, we've found ourselves in a parallel universe."

"That's a big conclusion to just jump to out of the blue," waS commented. "Maybe we're just...seeing things?"

"Do I LOOK like I'm seeing things, waS?" She pointed to her strained eyes.

"Uh, kind of—"

"Shush!" kooB shouted, losing her patience. "There's no way we can both be just 'seeing things'. It's statistically impossible-"

"Okay, okay," waS interrupted, trying to calm her down. "Alright, if you're right about this, what do we do? Are we just gonna have to stay in this place?"

"We can't," kooB stated firmly. "The others'll figure it out soon enough."

"So what do we do?" waS asked.

"Follow me. I think I have a plan."