𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

***

I felt a breeze of wind flow against me. It carried the dew, tinting at the grass, and sprayed the cold droplets on a beaming face.

My face.

It was spring.

I gazed at the figure beside me. Much older, much more accomplished. It was weird to think that such a person was beside me, laying on the wet grass with me.

His eyes were shut, so he's probably sleeping. His dark brown hair was disheveled and his locks fell to the left of his side as he turned to look at me.

I stared at him and his mocha-colored eyes lit up when I didn't look away. He moved closer to me and rested his head on his palm.

He gave me a comforting smile, reassuring me, but that's when I saw them.

Cherry blossoms.

And then it suddenly hit me.

Would he be here next year?

With me?

After he...

I frowned at my silliness, he was here right now, so I shouldn't worry, but enjoy and cherish this moment.

I glanced at the trees. The light shade of pink the cherry blossoms had, seemed familiar.

I thought for a while.

And looking at him helped me, since the pink color of the cherry blossoms had reminded me of the color of his lips. Which currently, had curved upwards.

"I'm here." He whispered.

His low, soothing voice took over my thoughts, calming me down.

He's here.

And I'm glad.

It's Spring.

And I'm glad.