𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇

***

I stirred awake when I heard my phone go off. Someone was texting me and it was probably Mason since I don't have friends.

I laughed at myself. I was really pathetic, and I needed to change. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, fully conscious now. Then grabbed my phone and opened it.

You have 7 notifications from Hot, macho man.

I snorted at his nickname. Mason must've changed it when I wasn't looking. I grinned and opened his messages.

Hot, macho man: Hey, apple pie. 
Hot, macho man: I was going to call but I caught a cold ;(
Hot, macho man: Anyway, I arrived safely.
Hot, macho man: And I miss you
Hot, macho man: so
Hot, macho man: so
Hot, macho man: much.

I texted him back. Telling him that I missed him even more, and asked if his cold was bad.

The usual.

He replied instantly and we kept texting each other for another ten minutes, before he had to go.

It was hard getting used to not being around Mason. Even though texting him brightened my mood a little, I still felt wretched since I wanted all of his attention on me.

I got out of bed and slowly opened the door, making sure no one was there. I didn't want them to smell my awful stench. After checking the hallway, I quietly tip-toed to the bathroom and hurriedly went inside.

I took off my clothes and showered for a good thirty minutes, before coming out. Then wrapped a towel around my waist and was about to leave before my reflection caught my attention.

I had dark, charcoal colored hair, with long fringes that were just above my eyes, but because I just showered, they were bothering me. I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear to get a closer look at my big eyes. They were jade green. They were probably the one unique feature about me. Plus, Mason likes the color.

For my age, I was pretty tall. Taller than the guys in my class. Yet when I'm with Mason, I feel unusually short. And Mason was well-built, but I was weak compared to him. Even though I didn't have abs, I wasn't exactly skinny since I was good at sports. But because I wasn't eating these past few days, I've gotten thinner.

My eyes and figure were the only appealing thing about me. But I wanted to impress Mason, so I should at least change something.

I ran my fingers through my hair, pushing it back, and looked back at my reflection.

I looked... somewhat decent. Better than before.

Would Mason like me now?

I sighed, probably not. I fixed my hair back into its original position, then walked out of the bathroom before suddenly stopping.

Did I just think that?!

No, I didn't.

I didn't.

I scurried into my room and locked the door. I was fidgety, and nervous, I didn't think that... did I?

I brushed it off and headed to my closet, after wearing an actual clean boxer, that I didn't find lying on the floor.

I picked a grey hoodie, some skinny jeans and wore them before going down.

"Good morning, honey! Did you sleep well?" Mom asked, clearly worried about me. "Yeah, I did..." I mumbled.

I only slept well because I saw Mason's picture, which is a bit embarrassing. She passed me a plate with a small peanut butter and jelly sandwich, knowing that I don't have an appetite.