𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒

***
Yesterday was simply awful.

My mom fulfilled my request, but it was all for vain since I didn't pick up.

I honestly didn't expect it.

I thought that he'd stop after that one call, though shockingly, he didn't.

Although I called and texted him this past month, he wouldn't answer. I knew that he knew how desperate I was, and still, he wouldn't answer.

But after all of that, he's the one calling me now.

This was what I wanted, and despite that, I wouldn't pick up.

My act.

My facade.

My persona.

They've corrupted my mind. I've become so unstable, so demented that I don't even trust myself.

What should I do?

Maybe... maybe I should visit a therapist?

But there's no one I could go with.

Excluding Lewis and Chase since I don't want to tell them because I just feel uncomfortable talking about that.

I need someone to take care of me. Why did Mom have to leave around this time? I think it's coming back and I don't want it.

I don't want it to engulf me.

To slowly submerge my thoughts to the depths of the forgotten.

To eat at my brain.

I don't want to forget.

[Nine years ago]

"Mommy! Mommy! I made a new friend today!" I exclaimed with a smile on my face.

I dragged him to the kitchen where Mom stood, cooking my favorite dish. I glanced at Mason. He fidgeted, but stood tall, not afraid to talk to adults.

He was so cool.

"Hello there. What's your name?" Mom asked with a warm smile.

"I'm Mason," he said politely.

"Mason. What a wonderful name!" Mom paused for a second before she continued. "I want to thank you for being my son's friend."

Yeah, Mom was right.

"Pierre, honey. Why don't you go upstairs and tidy up before Mason joins you?"

She's right! I needed to make a good impression on Mason, so I can't let him see my messy room.

I rushed upstairs, leaving Mason downstairs to talk to my Mom. I knew she sent me up here because she didn't want me to hear what she was going to tell Mason about my condition.

I hope I don't forget him.

Even though I don't want to, I can't control it.

I just need to enjoy today since tomorrow is a new day.

Every day is a new day for me.

I cleaned up and put my superhero comics tidily, in order, on the shelf. After a few minutes of waiting, Mason came in.

I watched him as his dark brown eyes scanned the room. He looked shocked as his eyes landed on the huge stack of superhero comics on the shelf.

Maybe I was a bit obsessed.

"Superheroes, huh?" He walked over to the shelf and picked a random comic. "Who's your favorite?"