Chapter 9: Couple Days Later

The weekend was spent mostly with my mother, and us going into town. Shopping for the house. We managed to get groceries, so it's going to be a minute before we eat out again. My mom loves to cook, not a fan of eating out or eating anywhere she's not familiar with. She'll do it sometimes, but it's rare.

It kind of rubbed off on me over the years, but I realized it was a huge benefit to my health. Knowing what's in your food, how to cook it, and it's more enjoyable when you know it was made by you. Everything's better when you cook at home.

Speaking of my mom, she started her job this past Monday—Tuesday now. She woke me up that morning, kissing me on the forehead letting me know she was going to be gone most of the day. I stayed home by myself yesterday and didn't mind it. I had some time to myself, enjoying the many hobbies that I enjoy now and then. Drawing, writing, or playing video games.

I get all those habits from my father. My mom always informed me when I was smaller, that the talents that I possess were passed down from him. My mom played a part in it too, but he was great at art, great at drawing, and was a hell of a gamer. I received compassion from my mother, and how to maintain my emotions.

I would've stayed home again today, but my friends wanted me to get out of the house. The only time I came out was when I did my morning run and that was it. This time Markus and Jordan wanted me to tag along with them at Arron and Damion's house. I wasn't sure if my mom would've allowed me to go, but I ended up asking anyway. To my surprise, she said I could, only if I promised her I'd be back around 6-7, cause that's when she gets off from work.

I promised her I would, now I'm in the living-room of the two's house. Their neighborhood is different from ours, nothing bad. Highland Park is the name of the street, and it's in the district of Oakland High School. Not to mention it's also right down the street from where my mother is currently working—Highland Park Hospital. The sun's beam poured through the open curtains of the side window, as Markus and Arron played against each other on the PS4. Mortal Kombat 11 was the game and Markus just burned Arron's character with Scorpion.

"Bruh, What The Fuck!!!" Arron shouted, slamming his remote controller on the floor.

Markus laughed out loud and fell out of his chair.  "Brutality, nigga!!!."

Jordan and I sat on the couch, laughing at the close game. We've been over here for an hour now, and every moment has been enjoyable. If we're not talking we're gaming, and if we're not gaming we're laughing. Arron is a really funny guy and so is his brother.

"That's... that's 3 times... in a row." Markus staggering with his words, as he held onto his side laughing towards the ceiling.

"Man you be cheating, choose another damn character." Arron shouted in frustration. "I was that damn close."

"Not close enough." Jordan and I both blurred into the conversation.

We laughed again and Arron started to laugh himself, picking up his controller.

Snatching the other one from Markus. "Y'all know what? I'm glad y'all said something, X get yo ass over here." Arron said, tossing the controller over to me.

"You see I haven't picked up the controller for a reason."

"Hell, I'll go against you." Jordan took the controller out of my hands, facing Arron.

"Yeah, get yo wanna be Justin Bieber looking ass on over here." Arron

"Wannabe?" Jordan froze in the process of picking up Markus's chair. "You saw what happened to the last person who tried to look like him."