Chapter 26: Sneak Peak

=Thursday=

Around this time of every summer break, you can feel the mid season approaching. This is the time High School athletes begin they're summer training, and ours just so happen to announce that a meeting would be held today. A meeting for all athletes and newcomers, such as myself—for all sports. That's where I'll be able to see the inside of the school for the first time, meet my football coaches, and get all the information I need for our summer workout schedule.

Last night, Jordan told me ahead of time that the school was holding a meeting, and that's when I was able inform my mother on the news. Luckily, she was able to get off of work early today to take me herself—which leaves us traveling on the road now. It's 5:30pm now, the meeting starts at 6:00 o clock on the dot. I'm excited actually. Though, this is still new for my mother and I. We've been on the road for a couple of minutes. Traffic has been smooth, and we're just cruising behind Markus's car—he's our guide to Oakland High.

"So," My mother breaks the silence in the car. "Oakland High School is a Public School, right?"

"Yes ma'am. Do you think I should've applied for a Private Program?"

She smiled "No, as long as you're able to get in AP classes, this is fine. Plus this is where your friends are attending school, and I know you still want to be close to them next year."

"Well... wouldn't you want to be able to do the same?"

"Yeah... I guess. Only if I had friends like you do, when I was growing up." She responded, steady pacing behind Markus's
Cadillac.

We made a left onto another street, and that's when I noticed the school building. It was much larger than I had anticipated. Last time I saw this building was when we were on our way to the movies. I remember Arron drove past the building and I only caught a glimpse of it, but now that we're up close and personal with the structure, it's appearance is like a small community college.

Mom and I looked at each other in one motion, and we both looked back up at the school. I become nervous, as I watched many students exit there cars and approach the building. Well this is for every sport... I have to remind myself. Even Stacy, and the other girls are going. Pretty much everybody that was going to be here is either for Football, Baseball, Basketball, Volleyball, Cheering, and the list goes on.

Mom pulls into the campus, and by the grace of god we found a parking spot closest to the building. Needles press against my chest, looking in the mirror insure I didn't have anything on my face. I had on my favorite t shirt, a pair of blue jeans, and Air Force 1's. I thought I looked pretty good for a first impression.

I hope I do...

My mom was still in uniform, spraying on enough perfume to contaminate the air. Taking off her shades, she throws on her glasses now placing her phone in the purse in one gesture.

"Alright. You ready?" She smiled at me.

I looked at her with my eyes, answering without answering. She got the idea.

"Alright, let's go." She exits out the car, and I did the same.

She and I got out, and I look towards the entrance of the building, spotting my friends. However, the more I observed my surroundings, I noticed people looking in my direction. Most were females, then there were some guys sizing me as if I was strange. Then I had to remind myself, I'm still the new guy.