Chapter 38: Faithful Night

The weekend came slower than 30 days before Christmas, but Saturday was finally here. It's night time, 8:34pm to be exact, and we're rolling down the streets of Oakland to biggest party of the summer.

I become nervous again. Butterflies lurch in my stomach as we approach the boulevard, and we can feel the music shaking the ground beneath our vehicle. The neighborhood wasn't far from ours, it was only a couple of streets down and we could've easily walked. Yet, it's better to be inside of a vehicle at night—especially on the weekends.

The group decided to be extra and rented two jeeps from enterprise. I thought it was over the top, but that's what we're rolling in as of now. I spot the house up ahead and my heart sinks below my chest. Stacy squeezed my hand, tugging my awareness. She nods her head, that's her way of saying "everything's going to be alright". I exhaled a cluster of air, observing the big building—bigger than I anticipated. People were crowded on the inside, the outside, and even few white boys stood on top of the roof—shirtless with red plastic cups in there hands.

Not even joking...

Markus parks on the side of the road, shifting his gear into park, and we all got out in one smooth unit. The music roars from the inside, and I don't even want to comprehend the volume when we enter.

Stacy adjusted her black jean skirt, matching her low-top converse and her white crop.
She and I matched. I wore a white button down, black jeans, and all white air forces—so did Markus and Jordan. Claudia's plan was for us to all look as one, that was her reasoning for taking the girls to San Francisco this past Wednesday—plus it was easier to spot each other. I'm just hoping we don't get any stains, but other than that we aren't worried about anything going wrong tonight. However, if I hear commotion I will be hanging out by the exit.

"Welp, we're here y'all." Claudia says, with star and moon earrings hanging from her ears.

"Now that we're here, we can fuck up the function." Candace wraps her arm around me and Stacy.

She catches Skylars attention. "Alright now Candace, behave when we get in there."

"It's bigger than I thought it would be." I join the conversation.

"Welp, this is a about to be a party you'll never forget." Jessica announces before walking up to the house.

"I just hope we have as much fun, as y'all say we are." I asserted

Stacy pulls me along with them. "You have no idea, what's in store."

Should that scare me... I think to myself, proceeding to walk to the entrance. The moon was full, shining it's dim light upon the grass of the front lawn. People gathered around in chatter upon the doorstep, shooting dice, and playing spades with cups that smelled of liquor. The porch shook from the reverberating bass on the insides, and blue LED strips coated the door. We all stood at the entrance, the color of navy blue changed the tint of our white tops. Markus pushed open the double doors, and euphoria hits me like a crashing tidal wave.

Khalid plays from the speakers and majority of the people flooded the floors—dancing to the beat of the song. A blue tainted chandelier hung high above our heads, and the smell of weed burned my nose. To our right was a set of stairs that led to the second floor of the building, and to our left was another area decorated with food tables and a bowl of punch—lined up with a variety of drinks.

Im definitely not drinking out of the bowl...

The building was crowded, but not too crowded to the point we were crammed in. Other than that it was just a bunch wild teenagers here, majority were athletes from my observation, and the minority were just normal people. All eyes were on us. Claudia had the idea of all of us wearing white, so we could stand out more in the dim light. It was definitely working but it was a little overbearing, when you have a bunch of eyes on you.