CHAPTER 2: TEAMMATES

DISCLAIMER: STILL DO NOT OWN NARUTO, OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS...BUT I CAN STILL DREAM, RIGHT?!

CHAPTER 2: TEAMMATES

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

RUKA's POV
THE DAY AFTER graduation, we were given a free day to go take our picture for our Shinobi profile. Of course, I dressed normally with the addition of my newly acquired headband. However, my sister was rummaging through her closet for the perfect outfit, even though they're all dresses of the same style. She was panicking on how to wear her hair and where to place her headband.

By the time she was done getting ready, I was beginning to doze off into a serene sleep. So, instead of getting an extra few minutes of sleep, she startled me awake, and from there, we left towards the Hokage building. The pictures were taking place on the roof of the building. After, we proceeded to give our file to the Hokage, and I guess that's where he evaluates all our scores before building the teams.

Well, I guess. 

So, as I currently sit on a chair on top of the roof, waiting for the photographer to take my picture, I stare back at the lense with a stoic look. Though, just as my eyes begin to burn at the lack of blinking, the camera flashes, taking my picture.

"All right! You're all done here," the photographer states before handing me the picture.

"Thanks," I reply, taking my profile picture.

Once that's done, I walk towards the stairs to wait for my sister. At the meantime, I peel the paper off the unexposed side of the picture and wait for it to develop. I watch as the white film slowly turns to color, forming the details of my face.

I sigh at my picture, I look so pathetically normal...ew.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

THE NEXT DAY we returned to class, well, the ones who passed which I'm guessing was everyone. So, as I sit next to Shikamaru, I yawn at my tiredness. Sakura decided to wait back at home, so that led me to walking to class alone. I knew she was probably going to walk with Ino, well, more like race with Ino and bet who sits next to Sasuke. It was a typical thing for them to do.

Slumping against my desk, I sigh in relaxation before closing my eyes. However, I am still aware of the noises happening around me. Like for example, Shikamaru asking why Naruto's here, or the buzzing of the classroom lights, or the barking of Kiba's ninkin, Akamaru, which I'm finding to be really annoying.

Though, that's before I wince when the classroom door slams open.

Groaning, I burrow my head deeper into my arms, trying to ignore the commotion.