CHAPTER 3: TEAMWORK IS KEY

DISCLAIMER: NO, I DON'T OWN NARUTO OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS, I ONLY OWN MY STORY AND MY CHARACTERS!

CHAPTER 3: TEAMWORK IS KEY

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

THIRD POV
AFTER DEPARTING FROM his team, Ruka went home to think of several possible strategies. Well, before he made it to his destination, the boy took a detour towards an artillery shop. Walking into the store with an acknowledgement of a bell jingling above him, the Haruno turns into the first aisle.

Humming beneath his breath, his teal eyes glance at the several items that are showcased. String, different types of explosive tags, different sized scrolls, and bandages. Sighing, he turns into the next aisle and sees the small sized weapons, different kinds of kunais, shurikens of varied sizes, caltrops, fingertip blades that are basically like cat claws, brass knuckles, and tekagi-shukos which are hand claws.

After a few minutes of wandering, he walks up to the front desk display. Looking through the glass, he immediately finds the thing he's been looking for. Glancing up, Ruka finds the store owner reading and doing a crosswords puzzle.

"Sir, how much do those chakra papers cost," the Haruno questions.

"Each piece of chakra paper costs five hundred and fifty yen," the man states without looking away from his puzzle.

Ruka narrows his eyes, counting in his head. Five-fifty times three equals one thousand-six hundred-fifty yen, alright, he nods.

"Okay, well, can I buy three pieces then," the Haruno states, pulling out his wallet and paying with his saved allowance money.

Satoshi, Gina, and I all agreed to meet an hour earlier at the training grounds. I could give them a piece of chakra paper and we can figure out our chakra natures. After that, we could do what we planned, Ruka thinks to himself.

The man gives him the three pieces of squared paper in exchange for the money. With that done, the Haruno stashes his newly bought items into his utility belt. Walking out of the shop, he fast tracks towards his house like he originally sought out to do.

Eventually, after a few long minutes of walking, the pink haired boy arrives to his home. Huffing, he opens the door and enters the welcoming abode. He calls out his arrival and is met with greetings of his mother. She asks how his day went, which he replied with a smile.

"My day went great, Kaa-san. I met my new teammates and my sensei, so far, I like them all. Though, Momo-sensei did inform us that only twelve Genins only get chosen to become official ninjas while the rest go back to the academy," the boy explains, telling his mother as he takes a seat at the table.

"That's absurd, very different from when I became Genin! How do they choose the ones who move on, then," she questions, slightly turning away from the food she's cooking.