Chapter 1

This story takes place after the Alabasta incident. When Ace lost his lead to find Marshall D. Teach he decides to return to the Moby Dic for a short time.

Authors pov.

Fire Fist Ace was sleeping peacefully in his little room on the Moby Dic. Most people would think that he got the luxury of his own room because he is the 2nd division commander. Well most people are wrong, Ace got his own room on the second day he arrived.  Not because he was awesome, but because he was simply a bad roommate.
Until today it's still a mystery how Sabo could sleep in the same room as his brothers without being distured by their snoring.

Suddenly the sound of a bell was heard throughout the ship, which meat that all the division commanders were to assemble for an emergency meeting. But no matter how long or loud the bell rang it wasn't nearly enough to wake the second division commander of the White Beard Pirates.
However his crewmates have been sailing under the same flag with him long enough to know he was still sleeping. Soon the door opened and a head that could be mistaken for a pineapple looked into the room.

"Ace! Wake up breakfast is almost finished."

"Don't you dare eat my meat!"

Marco watched in amusement as Ace struggled to put on his clothes. When he finally managed to put on his last sock Ace stopped.

"Wait. We never have breakfast when it's still dark."

"No. But we have meetings."

Ace fell face first back into his bed and mumbled something into his pillow that the other couldn't understand. After a while Ace turned his head so that Marco can understand him.

"Just give me the report in the morning."

"No. This time is really important."

When Ace didn't reply Marco knew he fell asleep again.
Five minutes later you could see a really annoyed Marco carry a half asleep Ace to the meeting.

Of course the two were the last to arrive. Marco immediately dumped Ace on the floor and walked to his own chair.
When Ace noticed that the whole room was just waiting for him he forced himself up and walked slowly to his seat. The other commanders just ignored his complaints about wanting to sleep.

With all the commanders present Marco started the meeting.

"We've gathered you all at this early hour to inform you that the revulutionary army has declared war against us."

After that he had the attention of everyone in the room. Even Ace, whose snores were heard just a few seconds ago, started to pay attention.

" Why would they suddenly declare a war? I thought they were enemies of the world government not pirates."

"That's what everyone thought. We don't know why, we didn't have contact before today."

Silence filled the room as no one knew what to do next. Until Ace decided to break it.

"Who cares why they want a war. The fact is they will attack. And if they arrive let's burn them!"

"Wow, Ace. I'm proud of you. You actually said something smart."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"Ace. Now is not the time for that." Marco interrupted the fight before it could start. "But you're right. For now prepare for the fight and inform your men. You're all dismissed."

Everyone left and did as they were told. Well everyone except for Ace. He went to the kitchen.

Soon the whole crew was gathered on the deck and looked at the horizon in search for the ships that would be coming soon. After three hours Ace finally arrived too and got glares from everyone.

It didn't really make a difference since he already knew the attack plan, it was the same as always. Ace was never allowed to defend the Moby Dic during an attack. The first time he almost accidentally burned their own ship down. Ever since that incident he was in charge of the main attack force together with Marco.
It didn't really bother him, he loved to burn down the enemys ships.

Waiting for a battle is boring and Ace found himself thinking to just ditch the others to get some food. They could handle themselves.
Just as he was about to sneak off, Marco interrupted him.

"Don't even think about it."

"Why? We don't even know when they're going to attack."

Marco gave him a strange look and pointed to his right.
"We could see their ships for about five minutes."

"Really? I didn't notice."

Marco sighed. "Of course not. You were sleeping, idiot."

Before Ace could correct his friend that he was no idiot, the battle began.

One thing was for sure the revolutionary army was no pushover.
He was currently fighting with a girl, she had short orange hair and big blue eyes.
They had fought for quite a while now and they both knew that one side would retreat soon.

During the fight Ace glanced back to the Moby Dic. He wasn't really worried about his family, but he was worried about the food. It happened more than once that someone had hurt his precious meat during battle.

However he did not expect to see his family struggle so much with only one person. This person had blond hair and a black top hat and fought with a metal pipe.
Aces first impulse was to fight the man himself, but then he saw his face.
Half of the face was covered by a burn mark, but there was no doubt.

This person was his brother.

Koala pov.

I knew I had no chance of beating Fire Fist Ace. He was way stronger than me, but I tried to keep him from burning everything.

Suddenly Ace stopped, he stared at some other ship, like he had seen a ghost. Honestly I didn't care why, it was an opportunity for me to knock him out. However just as I was about to hit him he mumbled something.

After he fell unconscious onto the deck I began to process what he had just said.

"Sabo's alive" that's what he said. I hoped I was wrong, but the direction he was looking was exactly where Sabo was fighting.
There was no denying it now this guy knew Sabo from before he lost his memory.

Thank you for giving this story a chance. I'm not a really confident writer and this is my first fanfiction so I would be happy to recive feedback.
-Yoko