Chapter 2

Ace pov.

When I opened my eyes I saw two people I didn't recognize.
'Great' I thought 'I got captured.'
Of all the stupid things I could have done I got distracted and got caught by the enemy.

However that wasn't important at the time. Important was the fact that Sabo was alive. A thousand questions ran through my head. Why was he with the revolutionary army? If he's alive why didn't he return home?

However before I could think about a possible explanation I felt a bucket of water thrown at me.
Only then I noticed that the two were trying to question me. Trying and failing.

After some time I just got bored so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

"Hey guys, I won't say anything unless you let me talk to Sabo."

Apparently they knew who I meant, because they just left without another word.

A few minutes later the door opened again, but instead of Sabo the girl I faught with entered.

"You're not Sabo."
Normally I would have crossed my arms, but as they were restricted by seastonehandcuffs that wasn't a possibility.

"Hello. My name is Koala, it's nice to meet you." She smiled brightly. I just rose an eyebrow at that.

From one moment to the next her attitude changed from carefree to serious.

"Why do you want to talk to Sabo that badly?"

"I don't see how that's any of your business." I simply replied.

"You're hardly in any position to negotiate Fire Fist."
As much as I hated it she was right. I sighed.

"I just have some questions I want to ask him, okay?"

"You know him from when he was a kid, don't you."

"How did you-" "I heard you whisper his name before you passed out. Look I know you probably have a lot of questions for him, but I don't think it's a good idea to talk to him."

"Why?" My voice almost cracked. I lost him once already, I didn't want  no I couldn't lose him again.

"Sabo can't remember anything from before he joined the revolutionary army."

"W-what?"
Now I wasn't one to easily cry, but first I found out that the person I loved like a brother was still alive. Actually I loved Sabo more than a brother. We went through hell together and I never got to confess my feelings for him.
And now I was told that he forgot all that, he forgot Luffy and worst of all he forgot me.

I hit my head against the table in front of me and let out a frustrated scream.

When I looked up again, I saw the shocked eyes of the girl in front of me. I let out a bitter laugh.

"So much for not showing your enemies your weaknesses. Well it doesn't really matter anymore... just please let me see my brother one more time. I-I promise I won't say anything about our past."

I heard her steps and the sound of an opening door.

"Alright. As long as you don't say anything."

Sabo pov.

I just finished with a bunch of paperwork. Not even a war could free me from that monster.

Even though it was in the middle of the night I was heading to the interrogation rooms. Koala asked me to talk to one of the prisoners.
However she didn't want me to question him, but instead she wanted me to talk to him. Wasn't he one of the prisoners?

When I opened the door I heard loud snoring from inside the room. I closed the door behind me and looked at him. He was about the same age as me, had long black hair and cute freckles. 'Wait cute?! I must be really tired.' I thought.

I walked over to him, but instead of using the usual words like 'wake up' I used a different approach. I don't know why it just felt right.

"Breakfast is ready."

"Meat!"

I chuckled. I didn't know why, but I felt really comfortable in this strangers presence.

"Sorry, but there's no breakfast or meat."

"Why does everyone keep doing that. Don't wake me up if there's no food!"

With that he fell asleep again, but not for long.

"Wait! Sabo it's you. How long were you gonna keep me waiting!"

I let myself fall into the chair on the other side of the table and let out a yawn.

"Yeah sorry. I've been doing paper work all day. I just finished."

"Wow you must be pretty important if everyone dumps their work onto you. I had the same problem until I charged them one meal every time."

For a prisoner he was way to relaxed, but waht was the most confusing was the fact that he didn't want to talk to me because I was someone important. He didn't even know that I was the chief of staff. So why me?

" Are you happy?"

"What?" Of all the things he could have said I didn't expect that.

"You heard me. Are you happy? Do you have people who you can trust? Do you have... a family?"

"What's with these questions?! You don't even know me!"

Normally I wouldn't have reacted this way, but something about this guy irritated me... a lot.
After I said that his eyes changed , he seemed vulnerable.

"You're right. I don't know you."

Ace pov.

I guess he really didn't remember. A small part of me hoped he would. That part was stupid.
Of course he wouldn't answer those questions. After all he didn't know me.

I searched for anything to say, but nothing came to mind. Well nothing that wouldn't be weird.

When I looked up he was sleeping. I stood up and walked over to him.

Our faces were way closer than I intended and our lips were almost touching. I felt my cheeks heat up, but instead of what I really wanted to do I only kissed him on the forehead.

When I pulled back I noticed that the door wasn't locked. That gave me an idea.
If he's not going to tell me if he's happy I just had to find out myself.

A yawn escaped my lips. Well first I needed to find a bed. I didn't know what time it was, but I didn't care.

After some (a lot) failed attempts I finally managed to hold the sleeping Sabo in my arms. I also covered my handcuffs with his cloak.

The first thing I did when I exited the room I was held captive in was searching for the deck.

"Hey! What are you doing?"

Slowly I turned around. I was really glad I decided to wear a jacket today (or was it yesterday) since it covered up the White Beard mark on my back. Hopefully the guard won't recognize me.

"This guy decided to overwork himself and fell asleep. I was just searching for his room. Do you mind giving me directions?"

The guard sighed. "He does that a lot. Oh and it's the third room to your left."

"Thank you!"
With that I disappeared inside Sabos room.
I let him fall onto his bed, before collapsing beside him.

"You know you're a lot heavier than I remember."
Afterwards I immediately fell asleep.