Chapter 3

Authors pov.

Koala was walking to the little room where that Ace guy was being kept. He may have promised her not to say anything, but she still didn't trust him completely.
She turned into the right hallway, but when she saw that the door was opened she rushed into the room.
He was gone.

A few minutes later an alarm was heard throughout the ship. Koala ran to Sabos room since she knew that the alarm wasn't going to be enough to wake her friend. She didn't want to know in what kind of environment he slept as a kid.

When she reached Sabos room she didn't bother to knock. However she didn't expect to find their prisoner sleeping peacefully beside her friend.

The first shock faded quickly, but now she understood why Sabo had such a deep sleep. She didn't know how it was possible, but those snores were louder than the alarm.
However she didn't know that Sabo had endured this noise times two.

Sabo was finally waking up and sat up. Koala noticed that he still wore his regular clothes. Sabo looked at her confused.

"What are you doing in my room?" His eyes landed on the boy beside him.  "Let me rephrase that: What is he doing in my room?"

"You ask me that. I'm just as confused as you. Let's just drag him back to his cell."

At that Ace abruptly woke up.
"No. I've decided that I'll spent the day with Sabo."

The girl rose an eyebrow. "And who are you to decide that?"

"Aw, come on. It's not like I can do anything. And I would be pretty stupid to burn the ship while we're in the middle of the ocean."

"You know he has a good point. He escaped his cell once, this way I would be able to keep an eye on him."

"Alright. But let's eat breakfast first and the handcuffs stay on."

During breakfast they didn't really talk much since Ace kept stuffing his face with food (mainly meat) and the other two didn't feel conformable starting a casual conversation with a stranger on the table.

Ace finally finished with his third plate, usually he would eat way more, however since he was technically still a prisoner he didn't want to push his luck.
Koala soon left and Ace was alone with Sabo.

"So what are we gonna do now?"

To say Ace didn't like what came next would be an understatement. He hated it.

In short it was paperwork.

Ace pov.

"I'm bored."

"Yes I noticed."

"Can't we do something different?"

"No."

We sat in this room for what felt like hours, even though it probably was just a few minutes.

"What are you doing anyway?"

He seemed really annoyed already, but I couldn't help it. It was really hard not to be annoying if you've got nothing else to do.

"I'm sorting through upcoming pirates. You know who we should keep our eyes on and who we could maybe recruit. But if you're so bored you better make yourself useful and help."

Since I had nothing better to do I grabbed a stack of wanted posters and looked trough them.
I hadn't found anyone interesting until I came upon a familiar face.

"Hey, Sabo! I've found someone really interesting."

Without saying a word he took the wanted poster.

"Hm... Monkey D. Luffy. His bounty is impressive 100, 000, 000. But he seems rather young."

"Our-I mean My little brother is awesome, but give up on recruiting him. He's aiming to become king of the pirates. He won't work under anyone."

"I didn't know you have a brother. But if that's the case I'm sure he's amazing."

"Well actually we're not related by blood. We shared three cups of sake and became brothers."

I smiled at that memory. Sometimes I really wished I could return to that time, when I still believed that maybe Sabo would return my feelings towards him.
When I looked up Sabo seemed really flustered for some reason.

Sabo pov.

Why did he have to smile like that? No better question: Why does he have to be so cute when he smiles?

I felt my face heat up. Why did I have to fall in love with our prisoner? That's illegal and stuff... right?

Suddenly Ace came really close and I felt his hand on my forehead.

"Sabo are you alright? You're really hot- warm, I-I meant warm. Do you have a fever or something?"

'Great' I thought 'I've fallen in love with an idiot.'

Abruptly I scooted away. "N-no I'm fine!"

I needed something to change the subject and fast.

"Three?", I blurted

He tilted his head in confusion.

"You said you exchanged three cups of sake. Was there someone else?"

"Yeah, but he died."
I could see that he wanted to say more, but it was like something held him back.

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you better be."

After I gave him a confused look he sighed.

"Never mind. We're finished right, let's do something else."

"Actually I've still got something to do."

"Please! I need some exercise. I know let's spar just like old times."

That was now the second time he said something odd. However at the time I was way to occupied with not giving into Aces pleading look.

"Alright, just let me get the keys for the handcuffs first."

"There's no need for that."

With that the handcuffs fell to the ground and his hands were free.

"You know Marco taught me a little trick. It's called stealing a key."