planning.

There's a week or so until Peter's birthday, the twenty-sixth of January, and his rat (Charlie, he decided to name him) seems to be just as enthusiastic as the rest of the crew, allowing himself to be stroked and making very hamster-like noises in his cage.
"Who's turning eighteen in one week?" Sirius sings, eyeing Peter from the mirror.
"I am!"
"James, aren't you proud? Your son is finally growing up," Remus says as Sirius sits at his feet while he threads his fingers in and out of his silky black hair, occasionally noticing his fluttering eyelashes in the mirror.
"Remus, I must tell you, Peter's very mature for his age and grew up ages ago. After Peter's birthday, though, it's yours, Moony!" James squeals and Sirius looks at him judgementally; squealing like that is his thing.
"Then it's yours. You're actually so young, Jamie, not yet exposed to the bitter of the world. Bless, I don't know how your gonna cope," Sirius tuts, pressing a hand to his heartbeat.
"Fuck off, Granddad."
"That is so inappropriate! You can't call me Daddy! That's my nickname for Remus!"
"Like I'd call you do Daddy," James huffs.

"What sort of booze do you want to drink as your 'first' sip of alcohol?" Sirius asks, fully aware that it wasn't his first sip. Peter and Remus had both had a sips of alcohol in the past, usually when Sirius was bragging about his ability to hold alcohol so well as he stumbles around the room and Remus nor Peter had the time to bother with him without a shot of burning alcohol.
"What would you recommend, seeing as you know your drinks?"
"Hmmm, a good glass of cheap beer for a first, but I can legally get some fancy people vodka if you'd fancy that instead," Sirius offers, but Peter wrinkles his nose in thought.
"Surprise me."
"I'll surprise you in so many ways," Sirius grins smugly, winking and Remus and James simultaneously gag.
"But the hardcore stuff is reserved for Remus."

"Do you think we should make the cake? Maybe write a sweet, personalised message on it?" James suggests, muttering in a hushed, yet snake-like tone as peeks his head round a Hogwart's wall and watches Peter giggle on a bench with Emmeline, the blustery winter air whipping his face.
"Oh, yeah, like 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE' in big ol' caps," Remus recommends, nodding sincerely and Sirius mimics his action, humming in approval. James smooths his chin, deep in thought.
"My birthday cake called me a princess-" Sirius starts.
"A slutty princess," James points out flatly and Remus cracks a smile and tweaks Sirius' nose as he rolls his eyes.
"Still a princess, and it was fitting, so Peter's must be fitting too, and my, asshole is the perfect description."
"Sorry, Pete, love you, really," whispers Remus, looking over at his friend again before hastily pressing his back against the wall again: Peter just looked up.

Sirius has his foot on a stool, bending down as he does his shoelaces up when Remus notices he's been staring. Staring at, what he'd class as nothing, but dear, oh, dear, he knows exactly what he's staring at.
"Moons, does my arse look nice?" Sirius asks, pulling up his skinny jeans and trying to judge it.
"W-what?"
"C'mon, it's in the bro-code. Does my arse look nice? You know all about proportions and shit."

Remus feels his heart thumping uncontrollably, threatening to gruesomely tear the skin of his chest and pulse on the floor like an agitated sea beast. There's not an apparent reason why he feels this, except the one maybe that he'd rather not let pass through his mind.

"I mean, yeah, it looks good, b-but I can't really judge, you know, so um," Remus swallows, "yeah. But for the most part, you always look gorgeous, wait, I didn't- actually, leave it, I'm just gonna say it. You look absolutely fuckable, dear, so your arse just sort of blends in with your resplendent look."

Remus doesn't care to look up at Sirius' pitying but also nervous expression while he's in the state of blushing cheeks and dry throat.

"Awww, that was sorta cute. Look at you, all flustered and stuff. Absolutely adorable," Sirius hums, placing a hand on Remus jumper-clad shoulder while trying to sound as casual as possible. He shouldn't be this loopy, but there's no denying it that he is, because he cannot believe that his 'crush' told him he looked fuckable and also had the ability to speak stolen from him like the adorable mess he is. Oh, now Sirius' heart is pumping sugar-tampered blood through his body and goodness does it feel like heaven.
"I- you need to button it, you bastard."
"Anything for you, Daddy," Sirius says proudly, walking away to his bed while picking up his phone on the way, leaving a flabbergasted Remus in his wake.~
"Snarky old bitch," Remus mutters quietly.

the three muskequeers

mum:
yooooo bois

mum:
skwad

You:
Minus Peter

bitch:
yeah like fuckin hell, don't forget peter you monster

mum:
so what if i'm the monSTERRRRRR that's been here all along?

mum:
Anywayyyyy

mum:
I got Mucky in the kitchens to help us make a cake the day before

mum:
mucky's so nice

mum:
I love her

bitch:
same

bitch:
she's the most reckless

You:
And she makes the most mess

You:
hence the name mucky

You:
She's a real mood tho

You:
She ate chocolate with me once while I bitched about Rita

bitch:
ahhhh, what a kween

mum:
i almost forgot what the name of this gc

mum:
And I don't understand

mum:
Two thirds of us are straight

bitch:
yes, but i matter most ;)

You:
to be fair tho

You:
Peter would be sad if it was something else

You:
And since local bitch Sirius is the one who's phone beeps like a mad thing

mum:
i'm famous too

mum: people love me

You:
Peter will probs think it's just Sirius, Marlene and Dork

You:
I'm not even gonna bother with autocorrect rn

hey there. i ended up writing the majority of this chapter really on the past three hours, on and off, so really sorry if it's shit. my friend messaged me right after i posted that message on my wall and it informed that she was going through a time of loss. it was really my main goal to console her and after she said she was gonna go to her nan's house, i wanted to get this chapter done before she came back so i wouldn't have to bother with this. she's such a close friend of mine and a harry potter nerd as well. she really means a lot to me so it's my main priority to check up on her. the next chapter is something i'm really excited for, and i might write it all in one night or it might take long. idk. i'm just gonna try and do my best to prioritise and honestly, she's the biggest thing now.
see you next millennium