𝚘𝚗𝚎

y/n pov :

It's just another monday, or so I thought. I went through my normal routine of having a shower, breakfast, getting changed and jumping on a bus to work after saying goodbye to my cat.

I worked in a small-ish, cozy coffee shop, which was often busy on a monday, lucky me. All the people with the boring business jobs would come rushing in with their briefcases and their fancy expensive clothing asking for a simple latte, and I would make it over and over that it gradually got boring making coffee. I wanted to make something more interesting not a simple latte or cappuccino.

That's when she walked in.
She had long brunette hair in two ponytails like a little kid, hazel eyes and soft-looking pale skin. she was wearing a button up white smock dress and worn out brown docs. dodie just walked into my fucking coffee shop.

'uhhhh please could i have a...' she struggled to try and think of a drink, squinting at the menu board behind me. I stood there hoping she wouldn't say a latte,
'actually could you recommend one to me?' I looked into her hazel eyes and she looked back in mine. She probably had no idea I was a fan, I nodded in reply looking up to the board but I didn't really have anything to recommend because all I usually serve is lattes.
'Umh.. uh a latte?' that's the only thing that could come out of my dumb mouth a fucking latte, she gave me a confused look. 'I mean lattes are nice but isn't that a bit boring?'
'Yeah well I mean I guess I'm just used to serving them,' I don't really talk to people that much because I'm not confident enough but I could with her, it just felt normal, it felt as if i had known her for a long time when in reality I was just a fan who had only seen her on the other side.

'Soo anything else you could recommend?' I had to think a bit before I thought of my favourite drink. 'white chocolate iced coffee?' this time she looked at me and smiled 'Alrighty I'll have that!'
'okie dokie coming right up,' there was a few minutes of silence before either of us spoke, which was awkward but she didn't seem to think that herself.

She was sat at one of the tables, which was closer to the counter by me, waiting patiently but I also caught her checking me out, it was weird my idol was staring at me, and she was in my shop. It felt so unreal but i acted as if she was any other person.

Not too long after, I gave her the iced coffee and she paid, but what shocked me was she didn't leave. She just sat there at the table.

'I like your hair,' she said it so casually sipping her drink. I was freaking out inside but had to play it cool. 'Thank you I really like your boots,' I smiled, looking down to her boots. 'Thank you! I mean they're a bit old and scruffy but I quite like them I wear them with almost everything.' She seemed happy, she said everything smiling with excitement.

I realized I zoned out for what felt like a minute or two, we were both sat smiling at each other when all of a sudden her phone buzzed and her smile lowered, the spark in her eyes disappeared but she still tried to hold a bit of happiness.

'I should probably get going now,' her voice sounded so plain and different from a couple minutes ago, was she alright? 'Thank you for the drink,' As she was walking out I waved goodbye and told her to come again.

I really hope she was okay.