𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

y/n pov :

'Dodie you're so pretty! You look so good in all of these,' We were sat on the swings watching the sun slowly setting down.
'Okay sure but look at you, you're stunning!' Dodie just called me stunning, what? My stomach filled with butterflies and I felt my cheeks go slightly red. 'hah thank you,'

We were sat on the swings for a little while, in a sweet silence. Dodie got her phone out, I didn't realize until she started filming me, I looked up to her and she was smiling to her phone screen. I pushed my hand towards her camera giggling, 'dodie!'

She started giggling too while tapping away at her phone, 'It's just for my instagram story!'
I smiled and nodded, 'Okay,'

Thousands of people would see it, thousands. It made me smile and I felt dodie looking at me but I didn't look up.

It started to get dark so we walked back to dodie's apartment. We messed about on the way back, acting like kids; running along the pavement and laughing loudly without a single care in the world.

'It's been fun,' I looked towards her she was smiling, clearly happy and I was too.

'Do you want to stay? It's quite late and I don't want anything to happen to you on your way home,' Her smiley face soon turned into a worried one waiting for a reply.

'Yeah sure. I'd love too,' I was nervous yet again. I'd never really had sleepovers, the last time I had one was when I was a kid.

'Great! Don't worry about clothes, you can borrow some of mine!' She took my hand excitedly and we ran up to her apartment.

We sat on the sofa in tons of blankets and pillows, with popcorn and other snacks messily placed on the coffee table. La La Land was playing on the tv, she got up and started dancing around the room to A Lovely Night. I got up too joining her, recording it as a memory.  She turned to me, an excited look across her face, 'WE SHOULD DO A COVER!!' she squealed in excitement grabbing hold of my hand, 'please y/n please!' I nodded in reply and we went into her room learning the song so we could record.

After many takes we finally got it perfect, it was around 11pm when we were done and we were exhausted. 'We did it, we did it!' She smiled wide, her eyes sparkling pulling me into a hug.

'yes we did it! it's so good,' I smiled back at her and there was a silence for a moment before she got up, 'Do you wanna go to bed now it's quite late?' I yawned and she took that as a yes, 'well I guess so, goodnight y/n,'
'goodnight dodie,' and I went off into the living room to sleep.