𝚝𝚠𝚘

dodies pov :

My phone buzzed and I thought it might of been a text from hazel wondering where I was. I did leave the flat without letting her know, I just needed to clear my head.

Hazel: Hi love, I don't want to worry you because I'm guessing you've gone for a walk or something but there's a letter for you and I think it might be from Sam :(( x
Hazel: Message me as soon as you can xx

Dodie: I'll be right over.

I didn't want to leave the coffee shop so soon but I just needed to know if it was from him.

Eventually I got to the flat, it was windy and cold so I rushed straight in.

'Dodie is that you?' I heard hazel shout from the living room with slight concern in her voice. 'yes, who else would it be?' I replied a bit more sarcastic than I intended. Hazel jumped out the living room, walking right up to me giving me a warm hug and handing me the letter.

'that's from Sam alright,' i gripped the letter tightly, my knuckles white and my hands almost shaking. 'I can't read it, I- I can't,' my voice cracked and tears sprung to my eyes. I passed the letter back to hazel and she once again threw me into a hug rubbing my back. 'That's alright dodes. nobody is forcing you too,'

Sam and I used to be good friends and I may or may not have caught feelings. But we eventually cut ties, I realized who the sort of person he was.

He sends me letters sometimes, the last one he sent was over a year and a half ago, I haven't opened one of them and I'm not sure if I ever will.

Since the situation with him, I haven't really been interested in anyone else but that's when I saw her in the coffee shop. She was so beautiful and kind, we sort of just clicked? We got along so well, I now regret leaving. I wanted to know everything about her, i just wanted to stay and talk to her but I mean I also wanted to see if that letter was from Sam.

the next thing I know I'm back at the the coffee shop in the morning.