Destroy Both Paths

It was another one of those days where Dead woke up alone in his cold room, the grey sky outside casting cold shadows onto his wall. The house was completely silent, so he knew Euronymous had either fallen asleep or was out all night again.

Dead wasn't very sure why he even lived with Euronymous at this point, he wasn't ever home and Euronymous definitely didn't give a shit about anything. Which is how it always had been, but even more so lately.

Suddenly, the bedroom window abruptly slammed open and Varg crawled through mumbling curses in Norwegian.

"Um- Hello Varg," Said Dead obviously confused.

"Did you tell Euronymous I was here yesterday?" Said Varg brushing off his jacket.

"Yes, he wasn't very glad to hear that," Said Dead as he watched Varg pace around his room.

"What are you doing today?" Asked Varg quickly.

"Nothing, I-"

"Come with me,"

"Where to?"

Dead didn't understand what was really going on, and why Varg all the sudden wanted him to go somewhere with him.

"Stop asking so many questions," Varg said walking over to Dead's bedside.
"Just get dressed. Let's go."

Reluctantly Dead got dressed, and he and Varg took off out the window and began the drive to... well, to wherever Varg was driving to.

"Why can't you tell me where we're going?" Dead spoke up after they had been driving for a while.

"Feel like getting a late breakfast?" Varg asked, still ignoring the initial question.

"Fine," Dead eyed Varg from the passenger's seat, it seemed he was making an honest attempt to be nice.

After a little longer, they arrived at a 24/hour breakfast nook.

Once seated at the table, the two boys sat across from each other rather awkwardly.

Varg spoke up after an excruciatingly long silence, "Pelle, have you ever thought about living somewhere else?"

Dead looked up from the warm cup
of coffee in his hands, "Not really,"
Though his eyes sad and round spoke the words that never left his lips.

"You don't look very sure about that," Varg sighed, "But whatever."

"Why are you and Euronymous fighting?" Dead asked.

"What?"

"I said, Why are you and Euronymous fighting?"

"What makes you think we're fighting?!" Varg huffed defensively.

"Well you guys are always fighting, but it just seems like Euro is acting angrier than usual."

"Euronymous is full of shit," Varg laughed.

Dead chuckled and gave Varg a crooked grin because he was right.

Once they left the breakfast nook, they continued their journey to wherever in Varg's car.

They drove down a dirt road, where Varg eventually pulled off into a small clearing and turned off the car.

"We're here," Varg said with a small smile.

"Where is... here?" Dead asked looking out the window.

"You'll see, come on." Varg hopped out of the car and ran over to the passenger's side flinging the door open and practically pulled Dead out.

And so they began walking through a heavily wooded area, Varg leading the way of course.

They came to a dusty clearing about ten minutes later to reveal an abandoned church, windows busted out and the entire building overgrown with ivy and moss, and several nearly ancient gravestones protruded from mounds of dirt and weeds.

"One for old times sake?" Varg smiled pulling a lighter out of his pocket and holding it out to Dead.

"Really?"

"Yeah."