7. S-e-x

It was a cold spring evening. The clouds were floating above the gray town. The wind was whistling between the trees. The people were missing, the streets - dark and black. The moon was shining. The door opened and Niall walked in, followed by the tiny girl. The blonde guy looked around but found nobody.

"Harry isn't here, come in." Niall invited her, "Make yourself at home, darling." Melanie didn't even pay attention to his sarcastic words anymore, she died to know whether he literally considered her his darling or he said it to each of his victims. After she lost Niall of her sight, she went upstairs and entered the first room she saw. Her eyes opened wide as if she was trying to look for something particular. Mel took off her jacket and threw it onto the bed.

The room was big and typically manly. There was a large bed in the middle with six pillows. Two of them were red and Melanie definitely liked them. Not far behind was a shelf with piles of books. Next to it was the black wardrobe. There was a desk in front of the window where tons of papers,notebooks and pens were put on, plus a cup of coffee. On one of the walls was hanging the Irish flag and on the other were attached pieces of newspapers with signs.

"Coward"

"You're"

"Going"

"To"

"Die"

"Anyway"

The other two walls were completely red. Melanie adored all shades of the red colour. She ran her hand on the music system and soon there was a song being played.

"You're strumming on my heart strings

Like you were a grade 8

I've never felt this way

I'll pick your feet up off of the ground

And never ever let you down"

Melanie smiled. She really enjoyed that kind of music. She started whispering the lyrics until someone burst into the room.

"You found the right room." Niall laughed behind her. Melanie turned around and saw him putting two cups onto the desk.

"I like your music taste." She grinned and looked out the window. In fact, Melanie was cute, according to Niall. Not beautiful but cute. Her teeth were so white and her smile was dazzling. "It's so empty and creepy here."

"It is, most of the time." He poured red wine in the two cups from the already opened bottle. From the back pocket of his jeans he pulled out a white package and put a little dose into Melanie's cup, then put it back in its place. She continued humming to the song. Suddenly, an image of the girl who had committed suicide swam in her head. It disappeared as soon as it had appeared.

"Niall?" She didn't turn around.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have something to do with April's death?" Then she turned around and her eyes met his.

"You're curious, aren't you? Whether I've raped and killed her behind a bush, or maybe ripped her heart, or I've sold her to old men like a baby doll?" He laughed after he raised his eyebrows. He thought it was funny.

"This isn't a joke. Where did the wings of your fantasy carry you again, Niall?" She almost whispered and stared at him blankly.

"I'm a big fan of mangas."

"But it was someone from your group, right? It was clear that you were trying to conceal someone."

His expression changed, he swallowed loudly.