Chapter 1: Life changer

12:00 pm June 17, 1996, Government Camp, Portland Oregon

Raoul was standing in front of his childhood home. He had just become the owner of it after the unfortunate passing of his mother, May Conner. Their final conversation haunted him as he opened the front door.

"Um, What room is Miss May Conner in?" Raoul asked quickly.

"Follow me quickly." The lady at the reception desk said as she and Raoul raced into the intensive care unit.

"Mom!" Raoul exclaimed as the two burst into the room.

"Raoul? Is that you?" May Conner asked weakly as a smile overtook her beautiful weathered face.

"Yes mom. It's me." Raoul replied as tears slid down his face.

June was standing near her husband and her two year old son Jack.

May reached a weak, weathered arm out to her son.

"Oh Raoul... you've" May coughed. "Grown into a fine young man. I want to give you something." May wheezed as she removed her wedding ring.

"Your ring?" Raoul asked in shock as May placed the ring in the palm of Raoul's hand.

"Yes son." May replied as June and her family came closer to them.

"I love you all... So much." May sighed before her eyes closed forever.

Raoul suddenly found himself in the arms of his sister's family as tears came crashing out of their eyes.

"Goodbye mom... I love you." Raoul whispered sadly.

"It's not the same without you mom." Raoul sighed softly as he went deeper into the house.

Without skipping a beat Raoul went upstairs and placed his suitcases in his mom and dad's old room before looking at his reflection in the mirror of his mom's vanity before flinging himself onto the king sized bed and almost instantly tears started forming before Raoul cried himself to sleep.

Tracks was on his way back from a particularly boring patrol when he noticed the front door of May Conner's house was open.

"Looks like May's son moved in. I may as well give him my condolences." Track thought aloud as he pulled into the driveway.

Suddenly a familiar horn honked, waking Raoul with a start. Without skipping a beat Raoul raced outside onto the balcony and noticed a very familiar corvette parked in the driveway.

"TRACKS!" Raoul exclaimed as the 1982 Chevy Corvette Stingray transformed and picked Raoul up off the balcony and hugged him tightly but gently.

"Oh I've missed you so much." Raoul exclaimed as Tracks smiled.

"I can say the same." Tracks replied as a smile overtook his dear friend.

"Oh god we've got some massive catching up to do!" Raoul laughed as Tracks grinned.

"I'm sorry about your mom. She and I were quite close." Tracks sighed as he and Raoul sat on the lawn.

"Thanks buddy. I miss her too." Raoul sighed in a sullen tone.

Tracks gave Raoul a comforting smile and Raoul returned it.

"Wanna see the others?" Tracks asked and Raoul's face lit up.

"Just let me get my camera and sketchbook!" Raoul replied as he dashed back inside the house.

Spike Witwicky heard Tracks' engine rev as the corvette pulled in.