The Way from Singapore

After all these days well spent in Singapore, after having a tuff life, Unspoken Calls, late lectures, and crazy outings the day of farewell for Singapore arrived. After three months of studies, Ajay had to go back to his motherland. But Sunithra had no idea when will Ajay go back to Sri Lanka. So Ajay planed a surprise for Sunii.

So it was a very fine day, January 9th of 2018. Ajay had booked his ticket online with Malindo Air, one of the Malaysian premium airlines. He was all set to go back to his mother Lanka. His flight was scheduled at 11:03 Singapore time. So he woke up in the morning, did all the morning obligations, had one last coffee with all his buddies and it was 06:30 am when he left his accommodation.

Singapore is one of the well-developed countries in the world. Despite they had the dream in the past, of becoming like how Sri Lanka was; the height that Singapore has achieved is an immense success.

It was just a minute walk to the MRT station from Ajay's accommodation. The MRT stations in Singapore merely seem to be like an Airport. They've issued an MRT card which exactly will look like a Debit or Credit cards that we use and these cards can have deposits and whenever you travel from one destination to another inside Singapore would be charged from the deposited amount in the MRT cards. For the foreigners, they issue a Temporary MRT card which could be used for six journeys and this MRT card can be recharged in an ATM before each journey starts. The trains are super-fast and automated. They have scheduled them for every two minutes where a passenger got to wait just for two minutes for a Metro Train. The most important fact about these MRTs is, although these MRTs are in the undergrounds, there's no place in Singapore that these MRTs cannot take you to. Being a small country, Singapore has made its public transports to poke into all the areas of the country and the most interesting thing about these MRTs is its cost. It costs not more than 2.5 Singapore dollars to get into any destinations inside Singapore.

So Ajay gets into the MRT which will directly take him to the airport. He plans to have his breakfast at the airport. He was kind of excited about the journey as he was traveling back to his native place.

"It is kind of feeling that can never be expressed through words when the aircraft touches down the Runways of our motherlands".

The other reason behind his excitement is that this is the first time he's flying alone. The last time when he came to Singapore, he came along with his friends. So this time when he's flying back to his motherland he was quite a bit of excited and nervous.

"Remember... Sri Lanka, My motherland is a Love at First sight!"

He had his breakfast at the restaurant inside the airport and bought one Coca Cola and a bottle of Mango juice. He felt he needs them just in case if he feels thirsty. It was 7:50 am when he checked out of the restaurant at the airport. Since his departure time was 11:03 in the morning the Check-in was about to start around 08:00. Ajay had 10 minutes to spend his time inside the airport. He was very aware that he had a sip of drink from the mango juice that he had bought and he had kept the Juice and Coca Cola in the small carrier which apparently looks like a rectangular basket in trolleys at the airport. So the drinks were visible enough to everybody out there. Ajay saw some of the children at the airports, were playing and some were roaming around. He left his trolley near a Mobile charging port and he started roaming for ten minutes until his check-in starts. After some time when Ajay returned to his trolley, he saw the drinks, it was the same, not even touched by anyone, his bags and things were not stolen. Everything remains to be the same. He was actually shocked and amazed by the behavior, attitudes, and the discipline that those people follow up on. Ajay whispered, "If ever I had left all this in my motherland, maybe I'd have at least lost the mango juice..."

Ajay checked in to the aircraft and he was boarded. It was a good flight of 3 hours and 44 minutes that Ajay had in his entire life. It was 17:07 when he landed in Sri Lanka. Ajay always used to recall that moment whenever he remembers "The moments you sense that the aircraft is gonna climb down after the cabin announcement is given, and you're asked to fasten the seat belts and upright the seats. The heartbeat starts to thunder within you and when the wheels touch down the Runway the goosebumps you feel is an epic experience to gain!"