Awkward

I was backstage with Pattie, the concert was about to begin. Pattie was sitting on one side of the couch while I was on the other. I put my arm on the small table next to the couch and leaned my head on my palm. I was silently crying, I couldn't stop myself. No one has spoken a word to me other than Pattie telling me that Jason is with a babysitter back in their hotel. That's what they had named him.

People were rushing in every direction, almost everyone had something in their hand and a job to do. I never thought that I'd ever be backstage of a concert, let alone Justin Bieber's concert. But then again, I never thought Mike would ever do that. I never thought I'd ever have to buy concert tickets to see my baby, or to even be pregnant at eighteen.

I am thankful. Very thankful to know that he is alive, healthy and safe. And thankful that I've finally found him. After 10 days, I finally found him. I can't wait to hold him in my arms, look at his gorgeous smile, and have his tight grip around my finger.

I decided that I finally had enough of crying, it was time to clean myself up. Only a few more hours and I'll get to hold my baby.

The moment I stood up to go find a bathroom, Pattie's head shot in my direction.

"Where are you going?!" she asked, her blue eyes widening.

"Um ... just to the bathroom" I wiped under my eyes, "two doors down to the right".

It wouldn't be fair to say I looked like shit, but I couldn't find a worse term to describe how I looked right now. My eyes were puffy and red, I had dark circles and bags under my eyes due to lack of sleep and worry, my hair was in tangles and frizzy, sticking out in all sorts of random places. I didn't care too much for my appearance at all though, nothing matters to me right now except for him.

As I walked into the room Pattie and I were staying in, she was pacing down and forth with the phone held to her ear, "I can't just leave her here." She whisper-yelled, then as soon as she noticed me walk in, she ended the phone call. "Uh ... am I interrupting something? I can wait outside if you need some privacy...?" I offered, pointing at the door with my finger.

She shook her head slightly, "What was your name again?" she asked, pointing at the couch to sit down.

"Juliet," I paused, "my name's Juliet"

"That's a nice name, I'm Pattie" she sat down next to me, smiling.

"I know" it slipped, I didn't mean to say that but it just ... slipped. Pattie gave me a weird look, "uh ... Justin mentioned you earlier" I covered up, it wasn't a complete lie after all.

"Oh okay, what about we go watch that concert now?" the smile she had on her face mere seconds ago was gone. The expression on her face was blank.

"Uhm ... okay" I don't know why, but being around Pattie was suddenly awkward.

I hadn't thought about the concert. I thought I'd just come here, talk to them and convince them that it's my son and they'd just let us go. But apparently they had named him and gotten him a babysitter, I wonder what else I still had to find out.

The concert was obsoletely amazing. Even though I didn't know most of the songs, it was great to watch the fans sing along with him. The dancers were great as well, allot has changed in the past few years. Rixton - which I learned were a new band- were his opening act, he also had Lil Wayne come up and Rap with him on one of his songs.

I was heading backstage along with Pattie and a few other people. I admired the look of pride on Patties face when she was watching her son perform, it made me think about my own son. Maybe he will be something big one day too, maybe he will have great talent and skills, and maybe one day I will look at my son with that much pride too. It also made me miss him more than I already did.

As we were sitting in the room backstage, I heard allot of different voices coming closer and closer, allot of heavy footsteps. Soon enough, Justin entered the room with a few people who were from his team, I guess. They were all congratulating him, patting him on the shoulder and doing manly handshakes. He had a huge smile on his face, he used to have this spark in his eyes that I couldn't see this time but I didn't question it.

The room was getting emptier, one by one people were filing out. It was only Me, Pattie, Justin and two other guys with accents that were talking with Justin. "Alright mate, we're gonna head to the hotel" the blonde one said, the other one nodded in agreement. "Alright man, I'll see ya'll tomorrow" Justin said as they did their handshake thingy again. My eyes shifted to Pattie, she had that look on her face again.

As they got out of the room, Justin looked at mine and Patties direction. His smile faded as soon as his eyes landed on me. A look of disgust was on his face for a second before going completely blank.

"I'm going to get changed" he announced, turning around to leave the room.

This time it was an awkward silence between Pattie and me. I was playing with my fingers, as I had my hands on my lap. A habit of nervousness, I guess. Seeing him was getting closer and closer, I could care less about the looks they gave me or what they thought of me. All I wanted was my son, and I'll be out of here as soon as I get him. Nothing else mattered, only he did.

The awkward silence was broken by Pattie's phone ringing, she took it out of her little black purse and answered it.

"Hello"... "Can you stay a bit longer?" ... "About 15 minutes" ... "okay, we'll be back as soon as possible"

Her expression kept changing with every reply. She muttered a quick goodbye and hung up. She put her phone back in her purse and stood up, "C'mon" I stood up and followed her outside of the room. We walked down a few doors, until she stopped at a door with a huge sign, written 'DRESSING ROOM'. She knocked a few times "who is it?!" Justin shouted, "It's me," Pattie replied, "The babysitter called, she needs to leave so hurry up!"

_____________________________________________

the more comments, the sooner i update :P

a huge thank you to my boo Ava for helping me with this <3

feel free to make manips (:

goal: 20 votes, 10 comments

tweet the link and tell your belieber friends (: