Chapter 7

I sat in my car down the street from my target's apartment. Radio playing low in my car. 9mm gun sitting on the seat. I couldn't wait to get this done. I couldn't stand the sight of this bitch anymore. I had been waiting a long time for the perfect moment to get rid of her. Now it was finally time.

I knew it was a big risk doing this in broad daylight. I didn't care. I took the chance anyway. No one would expect this to happen right now in this very moment. Right here in the neighborhood filled with witnesses. Because no one expected it to happen, no one would see it coming. The unexpected event would cause them to panic, and not be able to think straight.

Then when they were questioned by the police, the only information they would get out of it is, "I'm sorry officer, it happened so fast. I didn't get a good look at the shooter."

Time seemed to be dragging by. "Come on. Where the hell are you?" The thought of finally ending this made me anxious. I started shifting my weight from one side to another. Nervous about what was about to go down.

"You can't back out. You need to do this." I kept talking to myself and remembering everything that has happened to get me to this point. Thinking about how much I hated her. How she ruined everything.

The nerves started to go away, and they were replaced with rage.

I finally saw her coming out of the apartment building. "This is it." I started to slowly drive in her direction. I needed to time this just right. I had my gun in my hand at that point, waiting for the perfect moment.

I was ready to fire. I had the gun aimed in her direction, when suddenly a car ran out in front of me causing me to stomp on the breaks. "Shit!"

The gun fired, and I looked over to see if I shot her.

"Damn it! Damn it! Damn It!"

I pounded on the steering wheel. I couldn't believe this was happening. I had the perfect opportunity and I screwed it up. I couldn't do it now, too many people were watching. All I could do was drive away.

Absolute rage was going through my body.

I drove to an abandoned alley and called Tim. I skipped the greetings. We didn't have time for all of that. "I missed."

I knew Tim was at the police station working. So I waited for him to get somewhere where he could respond comfortably.

"What the hell do you mean you missed?"

Gosh he was stupid. "I mean I didn't shoot her! I was trying to avoid an accident and my aim was thrown off. I'm going to have to try it again."

I could tell Tim was nervous on the other end of the phone. "I told you exactly what you needed to do to get this right. I can only cover your tracks so much." He took a deep breath into the phone. "I told you I would help you, but you needed to get your part right. Fuck! Okay...so you missed. Was anyone hit?"

"Yeah. It's probably going to be called in soon if it hasn't been already."

Tim thought for a minute. "Okay. Look just act normal. Go about your day like nothing happened. I'll take care of the rest. I'll call you later."

Tim hung up the phone and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Thinking about how close I was.

I would have to find another opportunity.

I took a deep breath and just decided that things were supposed to happen this way. It was obviously meant for me to kill Jessie. But that didn't mean I wasn't still going to kill Heaven.