Chapter 15

Chris

-------

I came out from the bathroom after taking my shower. I was about to walk into the kitchen to find Heaven, but I noticed her standing in the doorway talking to someone. At first I could not tell who she was speaking to, but when she took a small step to the side, I noticed it was my ex girlfriend, Megan, Holy shit.

I walked up behind Heaven, trying to move her out of the way, but she continue to stand there very stern. She wanted to know what was going on. After noticing how familiar they seemed with each other, I wanted to know what was going on myself.

"I would introduce you guys, but you already seem like you know each other."

Heaven was completely silent. Megan spoke up.

"Why are you here with my sister's friend?"

That's how they knew each other. The girl that Heaven spoke to me about, Jessie, was Megan's sister. That's a coincidence for your ass.

I looked to Megan. "I can't remember the last time I even spoke to you, so don't question me about what I got going on."

Heaven decided to step into the conversation. "I told you a lot about myself. You didn't think it was important for me to know that you have a girlfriend?"

I looked down at Heaven. "She is not my girlfriend."

Megan rolled her eyes. "Could've fooled me. Did he take you to the resort too?"

I cut my eyes at Megan. I just wanted her to shut the fuck up. Why was she even here?

The comment she made really got under Heaven's skin. She pushed passed Megan and walked out of the door and started running down the street.

I tried to run out after her, but she was already gone. "Heaven!"

Dammit.

Tim

------

I hadn't heard from Chris since I spoke to him about Greg. He still had no idea I was the one who shot him. He wanted me to believe he really killed him so what he could keep the money. That's exactly what I needed him to do. His greed was going to work in my favor.

Ever since the little situation with Jessie I had a lot of cleaning up to do. Heaven was supposed to be the only one who died. Oh well. Things don't always happen the way we want them to. The good thing is, the gun that my friend used to kill Jessie, is the same one I used to kill Greg. This made my master plan very easy.

I was at the station at my computer. The internet made things so easy nowadays. All I needed was the registration for this gun to have Chris's name on it, and he'd be taking the fall for both murders.

Heaven

--------

I just ran. I didn't know where I was going. I just ran. I didn't want to be in any of that drama. There was something in me that knew that Chris was too good to be true. It just sucks when you're speculation becomes a reality. The way we met was already dysfunctional. There was no hope for it in the first place. Even though I knew that, deep down, there was a part of me that wanted it to work.

I wanted to just forget everything that I had been through the last few weeks and just have some peace, and some sort of happiness, even if it was abnormal. That just wasn't possible.

I don't know how, but I ended up going home. I hadn't been there since I went away with Chris. I hadn't spoken to my mother....well Mary, I guess I should call her, because it turns out that April is my real mother. I needed to speak to her at some point as well. The more I think about how extremely out of control my life is, the more I realize that Chris and I would never work.