4 // The Psychotic

It wasn't until Max jerked awake that he had realized he'd fallen asleep. He was shivering in his bed without blankets, holding his bear close to his chest when his eyes shot wide open at the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs.

They weren't heavy. They were light.

'Mom' Max thought in a state of panic. He quickly hid his stuffed bear under his pillow and curled up, pretending to be asleep and holding his stomach.

The door creaked open and a tall, lean figure creeped in slowly. she had long curly raven hair and bright cyan eyes.

"Max~ wakey wakey~" came a bittersweet, sing-song voice. Max pretended to shift in his sleep and faked a few grumbles. His mother's bittersweet expression turned cold.

"I know you're awake you little shit!" His mother grasped his hood and yanked him up. He let out a yelp.

"P-please! Please don't-"

"Honey I love you but your father said the camp took away your good manners! You know what that means!! That camp put bad in your blood!"

"You need to take your pills!" Max pleaded, scrambling back against the beds headboard. "You-you need to-"

She grasped Max's arm and placed the blade against it.

"N-no-no-I didn't- Mom! Please!!" Max whimpered, attempting to struggle out of her grasp.

With one swift motion, a deep cut was inflicted. Max cried out and tried to pull away again, causing her grip on his arm to increase.

"Mom! It's me- Max, Your son! Please you need to take your medici-AHH!!" He screamed in pain as she jabbed the knife into his shoulder, then pulled it out. She let go of him and he scrambled away, clutching his shoulder as he sobbed.

"I hope you know I did this for your own good, sweetie." His mother said, wiping the blood-stained knife on his bed then smiling. "I love you very very much and I'm just helping get rid of the poison in your blood. I'll see you in the morning. Sleep tight." She closed the door, after planting a kiss on the small boys forehead.

Max sat there for a moment, whimpering in the darkness and hugging himself.

"She's fucking crazy." He whimpered, rocking a bit as if to comfort himself. "...she didn't take her med..med..."

Max's speech was slurred as he attempted to comfort himself.

'I'm loosing blood.' He thought miserably. 'I need help.'

He stumbled to the bathroom and shakily managed to tie damp rags around his wounds in an effort to stop the bleeding.

'Fuck.' He thought and began digging through the trash to find the letter from David. Luckily he managed to find it quickly.

'Now I just need a phone...'