chapter twenty

B A B Y

B A B Y

Considering on Friday, yesterday, Brady and I were a little distant to each other, he'd decided to call me at three in the morning just to talk. I wouldn't be lying when I say that I was extremely annoyed being woken up by my ringtone in the dead of night.

I left Brady to call at least ten times before groaning and picking up with an unenthusiastic "hello?" being said, my eyes not in the mood to even open the slightest bit.

The whole time he was whispering into his phone, making it seem as if he was near me, afraid to wake me any further. By the time he decided to stop and end our call, he said to make sure I was dressed nicely for today, leaving me wide awake and asking why. Yet, he cancelled the call before I could even open my mouth to say at least a single words.

I sat on my bed completely eyes open for what felt like ages, trying my hardest to recall everything he had said. Because obviously I was half listening until I was zoning in and out of the conversation, using my hums of agreement to say I was listening -- which I wasn't.

So now at the early time of eight in the morning, sunshine falling into my light pastel blue room, I stood at the end of my bed. Having a hard time deciding to wear a horrid dress my mum brought me three years ago, or some jean shorts and a tee.

The dress was one that fell to my ankles, coloured in a black. I grimace thinking it'll look like I was going to a funeral. Scratching the dress off from my list, I picked it up, throwing it behind me before slipping into the jeans and tee, wondering why I decided to choose a dress in the first place.

Dresses on me was like a match made in hell, whether the dress was expensive or a cheap knockoff. It would never look good on me like a dress does on Maddy or my mum. It was just how I thought every time I wore I dress, I became nervous and anxious about it on my skin, fearing it wasn't sitting right. That's why I always wear jean shorts and a tee of some sort.

Once completely dress I thought I'll leave my long hair fall down for once in my life, always hating the little ringlets I saw out the corner of my eyes.

I blocked all relevant thoughts out, now extremely anxious about this.

If I was a smart bunny I would say I actually care what Brady thought of my appearance.

I shook every thought out of my body before heading downstairs to watch some TV with mum for the first time in forever.

"Hey mum," I greet sitting next to her on the couch, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Hey Babylon." She kissed my head before resting her own on top of mine.

Babylon is just a random nickname she gave me, finding it was different from everyone else as they just called me Baby.

"Can we talk about you and Brady Collary?" She asked as if it were the most casual thing in the world.

I lift my head up to stare at her with wide eyes, my heart thumping. "Before you think the obvious of us dating, we're not."