If I Die Young

A/N: And this is the song-fic part of this story...

---

If I die young, bury me in satin

Lay me down on the bed of roses

Sink me in the river, at dawn

Send me away with the words of a love song.

Her funeral was held along with the rest of the fallen in Godric's Hollow. Mr. and Mrs. Miyazono, both survived the battle along with my parents, dressed her in her best clothes; a white satin dress that she often used in competitions and concerts with me on her side. Rose petals filled her coffin, and at dawn, three days after the battle, the funeral began.

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother. 

She'll know I'm safe with you when

She stands under my colours, oh and

Life ain't always what you think it oughta be, no

Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby

I am literally inconsolable, but I know that her parents.. especially Mrs. Miyazono, were a mess. Kaori was their only child. It was raining all night, but now the sun blazed upon her beautiful white-blonde hair. A rainbow gleaned across the sky, and her parents know that Kaori is now in peace.

The sharp knife of a short life,

Well, I've had just enough time

I am literally shaking as I listened to the eulogy from Minister Bones, that emphasized the fallen, including her, lived a short life, but a full life.

If I die young, bury me in satin

Lay me down on the bed of roses

Sink me in the river, at dawn

Send me away with the words of a love song.

I am the first to touch the coffin, and holding her hand, sobbing as I fell to my knees. Looking around, I can see Harry crying together with Ginny hugging him, along with Ron and Hermione which also hugging each other, crying. The same case also for Emi and Takeshi, Tsubaki.. she fainted due to the grief, her boyfriend, Watari, caught her.

The sharp knife of a short life,

Well, I've had just enough time

Despite the pain, I can feel people are sharing my grief. Especially my parents.

And I'll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom

I'm as green as the ring on my little cold finger

I've never known the lovin' of a man

But it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand.

There's a boy here in town says he'll love me forever

Who would have thought forever could be severed by  

My memories flashed back when I met her during childhood; my adventures with her along with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, but especially, when we played in concerts and competitions across the European magical community. 

However, the most memorable part of my life with her, is when I confessed to her in my third year. It's the first time I said "I love you" or in my native tongue "Aishiteiru" to her.

The sharp knife of a short life,

Well I've had just enough time

So put on your best boys and I'll wear my pearls

What I never did is done

A penny for my thoughts, oh no I'll sell them for a dollar

They're worth so much more after I'm a goner

And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singin'

Funny when you're dead how people start listenin'

I went into my lowest point, and the question of "Why her? Why not me instead??" rung inside my mind as my parents keep consoling me.

If I die young, bury me in satin

Lay me down on the bed of roses

Sink me in the river, at dawn

Send me away with the words of a love song.

She's too young to die. However, instead of a wish to join her in death... I feel love, and a willingness to live, inside me. In my mind, I can saw her gorgeous face, her slender figure, and her blonde hair, over the cloud looking at me. And I believe her parents and mine wants me to move on and march forward in the new world. Not just for sake of her, but for Naomi, and for Harry. I began to imagine their reaction if I decided to follow her to the grave.  

Uh oh (uh oh)  

The ballad of a dove

Go with peace and love

Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket

Save 'em for a time when your really gonna need 'em oh..

Before the coffins lowered, including her. I looked skyward; a formation of Quidditch players riding their broomstick passed through the cemetery in formation, while "Last Post" was played. Hope went further inside my heart. It seems that the flying brought to the mourners a sense of a need to keep living.

The sharp knife of a short life.

Well I've had just enough time

So put on your best boys, and I'll wear my pearls

I brushed my tears as the coffin was completely covered, and the headstone was in place, before conjuring a bouquet of flowers and laid it on her grave, followed by her parents, than Harry, Naomi, Ron, Hermione, Tsubaki, Watari, Emi, Takeshi, Nagi, and my cousin, Taki, along with my parents.

"Kaori, I promised you that I will keep living. You don't want me to torture myself because of you. Besides, there are many of people I love, my friends, my family, Harry... that needs me, and my music." 

"...Don't forget me, okay? I love you.. I love you... I love you!! A breeze hit my body, and I swear that I can hear her voice on it.

I will, and have to, find love again, with Kaori remains inside my colorful heart. Because I love, and loved.

---

A/N: So, what do you think about my take of 'If I Die Young' in this story, with the hopeful ending?