Meeting Again

I've overheard them talk about the next experiment they would be doing on me and it seemed like a guaranteed ticket to the death train, since the experiment is to test if someone can die in that way and how much the body can handle it. Death by Stress. This wasn't exactly where I wanted to die and how I wanted to die but there really isn't anything I can do about it. If I try to fight again, I'll be killed instantly but with stress, it'll take time. Hopefully, at that time, I will be able to get another soul but I doubted it.

I was now just sitting in my room, like every day, I had my back leaning on the wall that separated Print and me. Wanting to talk to her before my last life was taken. "Print?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry I failed at my promise in getting you out." I could hear her sigh.

"You don't need to be sorry. You weren't the first one to promise me that."

"I'm not? Who else promised you that?" I was so confused as to who could have promised her freedom.

"You're not the first roommate I've had." I wanted to know who was here before me but I already asked her enough about her past. I shouldn't cross that line again.

"Print, when I die, can you promise me that you won't mention me ever?"

"You're asking for too much."

"There may be others like me. I don't know if I am the last one or if there are others. All I know is that I wasn't born this way because I am different. I am an actual species and if another person like me is to be captured, I wouldn't want them to think we are weak enough to catch."

"Wouldn't you want them to be prepared for what this place has prepared for them?"

"That would be best, huh?" I let out a low and sad chuckle. I felt like a prisoner that was being sent for their execution but for me, there will be no last words or the last meal of my choice. I couldn't help but think that before I first died, all I wanted to do was get away from my family. Now I wanted to get away from everyone and go to the murderers that were not my friends but the closest thing to a family I would get. Even though they threatened to kill me, spied on me, tried to use me, backstabbed me, they at least made their intentions clear. They weren't fake, except for LJ.

"Then only bring me up if you think it will help them. You already know what I can do so if they aren't to my level then help them?"

I can hear her chuckle "Three damn years here and you only had a few months yet you will be the one to die first..... Permanently, I mean. I'm almost jealous."

"Don't be-"

"Alright, [Name]. Time for your tests." It was a new voice, not the same old Justin. He was probably transferred or fired. This new guy was either a new hire or just a temporary job before going back to his original job.

It was coming. I knew it was coming. Terror gripped my heart and panic gripped my soul: I was dead. There was no other option, I was dead. I only had one chance left, and there was no way I could survive! Panic gave way to a complicated mix of despair and resignation as the new guard was approaching but still didn't do anything. Can't-fail if you don't play, right? I sighed in defeat, glancing at the window, the guard still not in sight. I was waiting for him, waiting for my death but that didn't come because then I heard something metallic hit the floor, really hard. A thud that sounded too loud for one single person to make.

I got off the wall I was leaning on then gasped when I saw him. That dirty navy-blue mask has never looked so beautiful! I was about to run straight to the window, pound and scream and wave, hoping he'd notice. But then I saw him put his hand to the glass of the room beside mine, and a pale, almost porcelain hand touched back. My heart, my hope, my soul shattered when I saw that he was now facing the one he's always loved. Print.

EJ-POV

When Greg landed the helicopter on the roof, he told me I have very little time because there was a schedule that they keep and were about to get [Name] for some testing, which he told me cost her some of her lives. He also told me that I couldn't bring my whole bag because I would be taking the vents and it would make noise so I was only allowed to bring one thing or two depending on the size and noise level.

Once I had the Molotov and a self-made bomb, that is only powerful to destroy a single wall, I entered the vents; right after he gave me a map of the vent layout, marking the path I should be taking. I did my best to not make as much noise but go as fast as I can since I couldn't have her losing another since it could mean I would lose another person I love.

When I arrived at the place that was marked as to where [Name] would be, I started to unscrew the vent with my nails but went fast when I heard the door open and a somewhat muscular man appeared. It didn't take long before I abandoned that and just kicked it open. It hit his head, not doing much damage but landed on top of him did the trick.

I was finally ready to see her again, to take her home and share how I felt about her even though I was never good at such a thing though those plans and thoughts flew out of my mind when I turned to look at a wide window, my non-existent eyes landing on a familiar doll-like face. Her eyes landed on me, she crawled her way over to the window where I pressed my gloved hand there. She did the same and it felt like I was finally holding her hand after so long.

The feelings I had for her were rushing back, getting me to think of all the memories we made but most of all, the last memory I had with her.

Guilt filled me when I realized that I was here for [Name], not Print. That I couldn't focus on old feeling and memories because I have moved on. I have made my choice, though, when I looked at the room next to hers, it seemed quiet and empty.

Author Speaking: Hello everyone, just wanted to make an important announcement. I am feeling very very VERY generous today so I'm planning on updating this twice today. Expect another chapter to be uploaded later today. Bye bye my patient Creepens!