Chapter eight

Rays of the sunlight shines bright as It's Sunday morning. Aisha hostel was just filled with student who were busy with one chore or the other.
Some were washing dishes while others do laundry. Meanwhile, Murjanah was sleeping through out the it's almost 10:00am in the morning. She had been tired from yesterday's  stress.
A ringtone of Despacito instrumental brought her back from her dream world.

"Who wants to ruin my sleep? "She faintly asked.
As she pick the phone to check the caller ID she almost slumped down for the upper bunk.
Seeing the name on her phone screen makes her eyes suddenly open.

"Zainab!!" She hurriedly pick the second ring.

" salaam"

"Wailaikumusalam, this is Zainab that lady you met with Abdullah at the store."

"Ahh..  I have your number forget? "

They continued talking about random things until. Zainab asked if she wanted talking to her friend. Unrelenting Murjah agreed  because that's what she wants.

"Anty!!" Abdullah squealed in happiness almost damaging her ear drum.

"My prince, how was your night, how is mummy and daddy."

"Fine aunty.  I ate chocolate 🍫. My daddy bought it for me."he voice was a little bit down.

"Look at you, only you ate those chocolate but you can't give me some. I won't play with you again."

"Sorry aunty I will buy plenty chocolate for you."

"That's my boy. Bye my regards to mommy."

"Bye.. Please do visit our home. "

"Anything for you dear."

After her conversation with him she find have him not mentioning about his mother. It's weird for a child to talk about his father only. Or could it  be they are divorced' she thought. He is too innocent to have Divorced parent.

"Who was that? " curious Rahma asked while folding clothes to her bag.

Murja  narrated  how she met Abdullah in the first day and how they met again.

"They must really be a nice family."

"Indeed."

**********

The beautiful call of Azaan brought her back from her dream land. They both stood up to pray and prepare for class because they are having the wicked lecturer test.. Nervous Murjanah was having a second thought about going but if she wants to follow her heart, she will definitely fail and her parents will be very disappointed in her.
Everything was set, when they are about to leave the hostel gate,  she realize she hadn't bring her pen with her.
Alhamdulilah the test was fine but something was missing. And it's unknown to her. Anxiety has made her forget to put down her matriculation number.

******
He was seated in his office marking a lot of test script. Students  with their stupid attitude wrote poorly only few did well.. Frustrated Ahmad marked a good script that a matriculation number was not written, Murjanatu Muhammad was the name.
He didn't want to fail that person because the answer she gave was too good. He immediately contacted the class rep to look for the Un  serious fellow.

Few minutes later, he look through the window blind and a lady figure dressed in an amtampa gown with a veil wrapped around her body it was that lady he humiliated the other day. He wondered what she came to do in this area. He went back to sit on the.
Ahmad heard a light knock by the door.

"Come in." His voice was  husky. he didn't look up to see who was there.

"Good Afternoon sir."she faintly greeted.

"Afternoon. How may I help you? " he look up.

"Uhmm sir I-a-am. "She jitter  avoiding his eyes. she mustered up some courage to come in the first place because of what Rahma said.

"Murjanatu Muhammad." The class rep called while they are walking through block B.

"Yes. Class rep how may i help you? She asked politely.
He told her that the lecturer asked for her.

"OK. "
" am not going anywhere. "She hissed.

"It might be important, I know you don't want to face him. It might be about test. "Rahma advised.

"Talk. I don't have time to waste. Understand." He said rudely.

"Sir am the Murjanatu Muhammad whom you asked for earlier. "

"You!! I never knew your clumsiness is worst to the extent you can't write your Matriculation Number.  Do you how stupid it was? "

"Subhanallah... Am sorry sir, I promise you it won't ever repeat itself again." She managed to say in admist tear.

"Really?"
"You are really a hurdle you know? "

"Sir, am not. You should never call me hurdle, what. What did you take me for? your slave?  I begged you for my mistake you are behaving as if you own heaven and earth to hell with you. Arrogant mister. "She snapped leaving him agape.

"Really?Let's see how far you can go."
He smirked.

A/N : Salaam cupcakes.
How was this chapter?
Kinda boring.
Much kisses 😘😘to you.
Please read vote and comment.
💕💕 Halima