Chapter seventeen

The bawdy situation in the car made it seem like a grave yard. Only heartbeat could be heard. Suddenly, Ahmad broke the deafening silence.

"Uhmm you see. "He paused.

"I just want to ask you some few questions without wasting your time. I will love it if put honesty in your answer. "he was affirmed in his tone.

"Are you single.? "

Murjah  raised her eyes. She wasn't expecting that kind of question from him. She actually summoned the courage to answer him.
"Eeerm,  The truth is am engaged to someone. Who I don't even know. "

'Is she stupid? 'He thought.

"But why do you ask? "Reality hit her.

"That..... That  is is because I want to know if you are concentrating. "he scratches his head.

'When did he start to put interest in my grades? '

It dawn on him that he had gave the most dumbest reason. How is he gonna face her. He was disheartened about her being engaged to someone.
Ahmad was still thinking until she broke his thoughts.
"Sir, can I get going now? "She smiled.

"Oh sure. Sorry for keeping you. "

"So goodbye. "She left him puzzled.

** * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

His gaze was strictly on the two. He was clad in jumpsuit and a polo shirt . He was looking at them from afar. His family was actually forcing him and where as he is aware that she's really not into him. when he saw her coming out, he quickly hide behind the car behind him. After she passed by him, he called his mother.

He actually love the way they are trying to merge onto each other. He certainly wants to be with person of his type but it seems their fate he having some kind of connection .Why her of all person!! He was a little bit devastated that about her with another man.

* * * *

She was annoyed at him was she so cheap? She couldn't believe she entered his car even sitting with him. She didn't notice Esther talking to her. Until she was touched.

"Iyawo egbon mi (my elder brothers wife)wetin you day think?"Esther ask in pidgin.

"Am just thinking about life."

"So what happened to it?"

"It's full of wonders."she poured water in her cornflakes.

"Really?. Where is this silly fish?."Esther looked around the room.

"Ohhh.. Rahma koh?She went to get something."

"What is koh again? Since you don't want to teach me Hausa. Esther said.

Esther is a girl from the south west Nigeria. She Yoruba by tribe. And often joke that Murjah will marry her brother because she's so beautiful. That's why she often call her Iyawo egbon mi(my elder brothers wife).

She came back to the room looking so downed. Her eyes were puffy and red as tomato, It shows that she had cried a lot only Allah knows what happened to her. She's the cheerful type and not boring the way she is now . Rahma couldn't hold it anymore  she burst into fresh hot tears.
Her friend came in with a kettle on her hand. She frivolously noticed her friend crying heavily.

"Rahma, me ye faru ( what happened?)"she put her hands on her shoulder.

"He's -he's dead!!"her friend hiccups.

"Who? Tell me!!"she exclaimed.

"My my fa-t-h-er."Rahma stammered.

"Inalilahi waina ilaihi rajiun (from Allah we belong,and to him we shall have to return.)"Murjah is an emotional type ,seeing her friend in tears, she too broke down. They were both consoling each other.
Murjah  decided to call her elder brother to come and take them to kano where Rahma's stays . After a few rings he picked.

"Salam Yayah,Good morning."her voice was cracked.

"Morning, baby... What happened you don't sound to well."Adam states.

"It's Rahma!, She -s-hee"

He was alarmed " what happened to her!?"he literally exclaimed.

"She lost her father .please come. I beg you in the name of Allah."

"Am already, coming.!"give me an hour."he assured.

"Thanks bro."

To him ,this will be an opportunity to be close to her.

A/N : Salamualaikum sweeties.
Sorry for the late update.
How is Preparation for Ramadan?
Oh poor Rahma must have gone through a lot.
And who do think is that unknown person?
Lemme see ya answer in comment below.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
💜💜 Halima.