Part 14 Under Pressure

(Roger's Point Of View)

Couldn't John take a hint every once in a while? It was extremely obvious that Veronica had feelings for him- but of course, he was too ignorant to notice. Now that the music had been stopped, many people were up talking to their friends and even interacting with people they had never met before. 

All around us, it seemed like so much was going on- but at our table, all that was happening was a discussion on a small problem- that had a simple solution. After Brian got too nervous to tell John about how Veronica probably felt about him, Well um- I got too impatient and I may or may not have scared John.

"H- how would either of you know that?" he nervously looked from me to Brian, rapidly tapping his fingers against our table. He leaned in towards us before Simi-angrily raising his voice, "Well aren't you going to answer me?"

I could feel Brian's eyes staring into the side of my head, obviously trying to catch my attention. Laughing, I realized this could be a good opportunity to make fun of him and his strange ways. "Aww Brian, I know you can't keep from staring at me but-" I stopped mid-sentence as I noticed that we were no longer alone at our table.

As soon as I realized who had approached us, a huge smile appeared on my face. "David Bowie.."  It had been such a long time since we had last seen each other! "What are you doing here?" I motioned to the empty chair next to John's, "Come sit with us!"

"Long time no see!" He placed his almost-empty glass on the table before sitting down on the vacant chair, "Where's Freddie tonight? It seems unlike him to skip out on a night on the town!" He let out a small laugh as he spoke; wow. it had really been a long time since we had last seen each other!

Before I had the chance to answer, Brian started speaking. "Seems to be the question of the night! We all know that only one thing would keep him from that!" All four of us laughed, it was refreshing to have an old friend back around! "He's at the studio finishing things up."

David nodded, before replying he briefly raised his glass to his lips. "Oh I see-" He took another sip of his drink, that was mainly ice by now. "How is the new album going?"

John was still awfully quiet- I must have scared him pretty bad by saying something about the whole Veronica situation. "Uh, it's actually going quite nicely!" I glanced around the Pub, looking for our waitress before continuing. "There seems to be a few tracks that have real potential!"

Brian nodded in agreement, but John still seemed to be off in his own dreamland. "Where ever you take it will be wonderful, I'm sure of it." David frowned as he looked down at his drink, "It looks an awful lot like I'll need another."

None of us had noticed that Veronica was back with our drinks, she laughed as she placed each person's glass in front of them. "Nice to see you again David! And speaking of which, yes! It does look like you'll need another."

He winked as he handed her the almost empty glass, "Thanks, Veronica!" His voice sounded cheerful, likely because he had a drink or two in his system.

She set his glass on the black tray that was once used for our cups. All four of us watched her smoothly walk away until she disappeared behind another row of tables. 

Once she was out of sight, Brian, David, and I simultaneously turned to Deaky with worried faces- he hadn't said one word since she came by with the drinks. "John, is everything alright?" David's eyebrows furrowed as he analyzed John's nervous facial expression, still providing no response.

I took a few sips of my drink before quickly jumping out of my seat and running over to John's side. I danced around trying to get his attention, after a moment, I started chanting- "Earth to Deaky- Earth to Deaky!" It felt so good to jump up and get some blood pumping, although I oddly began to feel light-headed.