0:5

Two months later

Upon being informed of the news, the kingdom felt into a complete despair. The wedding was delayed quite a bit so the royal family could have time to grieve over the loss of their beloved Taehyung.

The news eventually reached the dungeon. Tzuyu felt numb, finally understanding what Jimin meant. She was completely distraught.

-

Jungkook sat on his horse, Cooky, as they entered the frosted over forest. A warm breath exited his mouth, turning into a wispy cloud of frozen air before dissipating into the sky. The forest was safe now, not long after Taehyung's death the King have entered the forest with some knights and decapitated the serpent himself.

He sighed deeply as he arrived at the center of the forest. Dismounting Cooky, he sat on the edge of the large open glass casket Taehyung lay in.

He looked up as gentle snowflakes began to scurrying down in uncoordinated flurries from the sun kissed sky. Jungkook watched as beautiful snowflakes fell into the prince's dark hair. Making him look soft and at peace.

Jungkook shivered, pulling his cloak's hood off. His ears, nose and cheeks were slightly dusted pink from the cold.

" Hey, Tae. How have you been?" Jungkook asked looking as Taehyung rested peacefully in his casket, hands holding a bouquet of pale flowers on his chest.

He brushed Taehyungs hair out of his eyes and continued to talk.

" The your funeral is soon. Your sister isn't doing well. That is a little bit upsetting. But...but guess what today is?" He asked, a small hint of excitement lacing his saddened tone.

If only Taehyung could see the tiny sparkle that ignited in his lover's eyes at the mention of something that excited him, the sparkle that had drained immensely after Taehyung's passing.

" It-It's your birthday! You'd be 18 today! A grown up! Sana's at the palace celebrating. Or trying too.." Jungkook spoke softly, looking at his hands.

" Chef Minjae baked you cake. He told me that since you were young he'd make you a cake and you'd sit in the kitchen with him will he baked." Jungkook smiled fondly as his eyes glossed over with tears.

" He said that when he turned his back you'd dip you little finger into the icing. " He giggled, his eyes squinting which made his tears dribble down his cheeks.

" Your father...he...he's not well..." Jungkook sniffed, wiping his tears with his finger.

The prince was silent for a minute before he spoke up again.

" He's very upset. He snaps at the smallest things..I'm not sure if he was this way before but..." Jungkook trailed off.

" And the castle...God, where do I begin with the castle is so quiet...eerie and cold. When you left you took everything with you, Taehyung."

Silence.

" Can I tell you something?" He asked only to get silence in return.

Jungkook sighed, running a hand through his dark hair.

" The wedding..it's getting closer and closer and don't think I'm ready honestly...I just..." Jungkook rubbed his neck.

" I don't think I want to marry Sana anymore. We've been growing apart and fighting and it's just awful. "

Jungkook sighed loudly, his eyes screwed shut. Another long moment of silence passing by before he blurted out,