chapter 22 | truth untold

Jimin's POV

I heard a big thud making me instantly look behind. I don't see Soyeon so I drop the wood before running over to the top of the hill. I panic seeing her lying there in the dirt unconscious. I run down the hill and slide down next to her.

"You okay, Soyeon?!" I said shaking her. She starts to move painfully. I stopped her from moving as she had a few scars on her knees from the fall.

"Don't move. I'll take you back." I said taking her body and legs into my arms. I run back to the cabins and see about the half the students already there. I rush up to the nearest teacher.

"Soyeon's hurt. Can you have someone take care of her?" I said shaking. The teacher worriedly nods and runs over to the nurse. A few seconds after, the nurse comes running with a kit and some supplies. She started examining Soyeon.

"She has a few scars from the twigs. And it also seems she's bruised her wrist. It's not broken but I'll have to treat it. This doesn't seem so new though. Do you happen to know if she was bullied these past couple of days?" The nurse asks. I gulp nervously.

"I-"

"N-No. It just happened right now." Soyeon says waking up a bit. I kneel down to look at her. She holds my hand and squeezes it nodding. She's too nice. See? This is why I don't deserve her.

"Okay done." I hear so I thank the nurse. The teacher gives me and Soyeon a day off from the activities so we got to stay in. Maybe this time, I could explain to her. We go to the cabins as I sat her down onto her bed. I sat by her bedside before she patted down the side of her bed motioning me to come. I walk up to her and sat by her.

"Soyeon.. We need to talk.." I start while also fiddling with my fingers. Luckily, she nods.

"I'm so sorry for everything. I didn't mean to hurt you in any way." I said as she looks at me sadly.

"Then why'd you have to twist it so hard?" She asks me chuckling.

Soyeon's POV

"Well.. It's because Mingyu makes me so mad. I get so jealous over how close you are with him still." He says making me confused.

"Jimin.. Why would you care about that?"

"Because.. Because I like you." He says making me scoff.

"Jimin.. I already know it was a bet. You don't have to pretend anymore." I said to him annoyingly.

"No. You got it all wrong. It was a different bet." He tries to explain.

"Oh yeah? Then what was it?" I said.

"Taehyung knew I liked you but he told me you would never feel the same way. So it was a bet to see if you would ever like me back. So I guess in a a way, it was the bet you were thinking about. But it was good for me because I like you. It wasn't one of those things where it's like 'bet you can't get a girlfriend'. No.. I really do like you." He says. I was confused for a bit as I felt he was lying.

"Wait.. Then when did you start liking me?"

"The first time I met you. It was like-"

"Wait.. Wait.. Hold on. You still have some explaining to do. Then why would you date so many girls if you liked me?" I said questioning him.

"Because of Mingyu. I backed off for him. But it was just too hard for me to take it. I couldn't just stand there and do nothing to get you. So I need to confess something. And once I say it, I really hope you don't hate me. But if you do, I'll understand.." Jimin says nervously. I stare at his expression. He gulps before speaking again.

"Mingyu beating up people at the beach.. You know it broke you guys apart. That was planned by me. I had the gang go to him." He says. I gasp as he was the reason why I broke it off with Mingyu. But I thought about it.

"I'm not mad. Just disappointed.. Us breaking up was not your fault. He was the first one to join the gang and he's the one beating them up. Even if you had planned it, he still could've talked it out instead of getting physical. So I can't get mad at you." I said. Jimin hugs me scaring me so I fall back onto my bed. He doesn't get up and continues to lay on top of me.

"Can I kiss you?" Jimin asks shocking me.

"You don't just ask that. You just do it." I said chuckling at how much of a playboy he was but can't even handle these type of things. But before I could say anything else, he kisses me. My eyes widen as I couldn't do anything. I froze until he finished.

"Better?" He says. I blink my eyes.

"I was just talking about how you do it.. Not.. Not to me.." I said whispering the last sentence. I touched my lips before glaring at him.

"You're so cute." He says to me. I couldn't help but giggle at him.

"You being nice fits you best. Don't be so mean. I hate it when you're a big bully." I said pouting.

"Yes ma'am." He says joking around.

"So is your answer different this time?" Jimin says squinting his eyes. I look up at him again shocked he asked that. I mean I could've expected that to come but I didn't.

"Jimin.." I said nervously.

"You don't have to answer. You know what.. It's fine. Just forget I asked." He said all of the sudden but I nod understanding.

"I just want to say I'm sorry for hurting you. I know over the years, I was so stupid. It's just I hope someday you will feel the same for me. I'll wait for you." He says trying to leave. I couldn't say anything or do anything.

"Rest for now. You have the whole day. I'll take care of the rest." He says so I nod and laid down. I close my eyes recollecting what just happened. Why does this confession feel so different from the rest?

Jimin's POV

This time, I'm not going to be stupid. I'm going to wait. No matter what it takes, she's going to fall in love with me.