chapter 28 | accident

Soyeon's POV

"Oh? You're awake? That's good. Here. Drink this." The nurse says handing me water.

"Thank you.. Umm.. Why am I here?" I said before drinking it.

"Oh. Park Jimin brought you here. He saves you a lot. I remember last time he brought you too. It seems you didn't have much sugar. You should be okay now since you have rested.. Maybe take a cookie on your way out." She says. I was confused but I thought it through.

"Okay.. Thank you, Nurse Oh. I'll be heading back to class." I said before standing up. She nods so I thank her before leaving back to my class. I take my phone out checking my phone. It's near the end of my last class anyway. I guess I don't really have to go. So I head up to the rooftop to sit at the bench where I usually sit.

"Oh? Soyeon?" I hear. I turn around to see Mingyu.

"Don't you have class?" I said to him. I pat the seat next to me anyway.

"Yeah but I didn't feel like staying so I'm 'in the bathroom'.." He says chuckling.

"I see.."

"So.. What happens to us?" He says. I look up to his eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean.. I know I made mistakes.. But I still have feelings for you.." He says. I blink my eyes in confusion.

"You can't be s-"

"I'm not asking for anything but I need you to tell me one thing. Is there a still a chance with you or no?" He says. I sigh not knowing what to say.

"I don't know what to say.." I said honestly.

"I just want to know. You probably already chose but just don't know yet. It's fine really. I just want you to be happy.." He says. I did miss my best friend. But he did hurt me and it wasn't fun to lose someone who meant a lot. Especially if he was the one that helped you through your hard times.

"Mingyu.. I'm really sorry.. But I can't forgive you."

"It's okay. I understand." He says nodding.

"I'm sorry.."

"No. No. It's not your fault. Don't be sorry." He says holding my hand.

"It's just I can't be with someone who dates another person while saying they like me. I want commitment and you know that. Mingyu, if you were actually my best friend at one point, you wouldn't have asked." I said. He deeply inhales before nodding.

"I understand. I know. You always thought it didn't make sense." He says and stands up.

"Thanks for everything. I'm just glad we got to here. We're still friends, right?" He says so I nod. He looks at me for a while before leaving. I watched the view wondering if I had too much of a high expectation. Maybe I did. The bell rings so I pack up my stuff before standing up. I looked at the sky.

"Eomma.. What am I supposed to do? Tell me.. Can you see me? Am I still doing good? Or did I make a mistake? I wish you were here.." I whispered. A tear left my eye but I quickly wiped it off before walking away. I bump into Taehyung so he looks at me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah.. I'm doing great." I lied.

"Are you sure? You don't seem great." He says but I tried to let it slide.

"Wow thanks. I'm okay. Thank you though." I said. He nods and grabs my bag.

"Come on. Let's go home." He says so I nod.

--- At Home ---

Yeontan came running into my lap as I was reading a book.

"What's wrong, Yeontan?" I said to him ruffling his ears. He licks my hands so I picked him up before cuddling him and patting through his soft fur.

"What should I do? Hmm?" I said but the response I got was a purr.

*Ring Ring*

Soyeon: "Yes?" I said without seeing who it was.

Person: "Hello? This is the police."

Soyeon: "Sorry.. I think you've got the wrong number."

Person: "Do you know Altistic Blend?"

Soyeon: "Yes why?"

Person: "Ma'am.. There's been an accident here and you were on the list on this phone." I release my phone from my ear and check the caller. It said 'Pabo'. I put Yeontan down and grabbed my keys.

Soyeon: "I'll be there."

Person: "Stay calm. Everything's going to be okay."

Soyeon: "Thank y-"

Person: "Sir! We lost him." I heard someone say in the background so I panicked and grabbed a jacket. I took the car as it was way faster. As I arrived, I ran in and saw Jimin laying down on the couch. I ran over to him.

"Jimin!" I said shaking him. He stay laying down. I start to cry.

"No.. Please.. What are you doing? WAKE UP!" I said smacking him. He slowly wakes up.

"Ow. What the heck?" He said. I was so shocked that I hugged him. A person then came up and tapped on me.

"Hi. You must be the person I called." He says.

"Umm.. Yes. He seems okay." I said looking at drunk Jimin.

"The phone belonged to the owner, Albert. Didn't it?" He said.

"No. It's his." I said pointing to Jimin.

"Shoot." The officer says and hands me back the phone.

"But, what did happen to Albert?"

"He commited suicide." The man says. I gasp surprised.

"I'm very sorry for this inconvenience." He says and leaves. I walk over to Jimin who was still sleepy.

"You idiot." I said to him. But before I could do anything else, he pulls me in.

"Soyeon.. Thanks for coming. I love you." He says drunkily but I couldn't help but blush. I stare at him before clearing my throat. I stand up and made Jimin stand up so I could take him home. I sat him down into the passenger seat so I began driving.

"Why would you get drunk on a school night?" I said but he didn't answer as he was asleep. I guess I'll have to ask tomorrow morning. I parked in the highway and was instantly welcomed by a tight hug from Taehyung.

"Where were you? I called so many times!" He says worriedly.

"Your stupid friend got drunk and I had to take care of him." I said pointing to Jimin. He walks over to him and yells at him telling him that he can't involve me into danger like that. I chuckle at the two of them. But it was getting cold so I made the both of them get inside.

"Yell at him tomorrow. There's no point. He won't remember." I said. Taehyung sighs and carries Jimin up to a room. I got so emotional for no reason. I feel stupid. I grabbed a cup of water and headed to my room.