• 7 •

"are you asking me to kiss you, Rocky?"

Tyler's POV

After the date I had with Rakim on Saturday, I came to school on Monday with the biggest motherfucking smile on my face. Who wouldn't have this big of a smile on their face when they just hung out with their future lover?

Every time Rakim and I hang out, there's always this comforting vibe we have when we're around each other. We're too much like best friends and then act like we're lovers when it's just us.

It was lunchtime and I was on the hunt looking for Rakim. He hasn't made it to the lunchroom yet, so I figured he would be off somewhere with Symere. I had an idea that he was most likely in the library and made my way over there with a bit of a pep in my step. From a distance down the hall, I could hear Rakim's laughter and I smiled at the angelic sound. Before I could walk further, the sound of hurrying footsteps came from behind me.

"Tyler!" a feminine voice called out and I turned around to see Maria trying to catch up with me in her heels.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking closer to the door, but she grabbed a hold of my arm, stopping me in place. She was trying to catch her breath and I took the opportunity to take a look at her to see that a slight baby bump was forming in her stomach. She finally composed her breath and looked up and stared at me silently with a smile on her face.

I huffed, "What do you want, Maria?"

I was pretty impatient because she was holding me up when I was making my way towards Rakim. I'm pretty sure the thing she wanted to talk about wasn't important anyway.

I sighed loudly when she wasn't saying anything and she seemed to have snapped out of her daze.

"Tyler, we haven't talked in a while. I've missed you." she purred and tried walking over to hug me but I stopped her by holding up a hand to her face. I hated when the people that always do you wrong try to ease their way back in acting like they didn't make you run off in the first place.

"I'm not in the mood for this," I said and walked around her. She once again stopped me by holding onto my arm.

"What we have isn't going to go away like that. I love you and you love me. Stop making things difficult!" she whined. She was honestly starting to annoy the fuck out of me and I so badly wanted to hold Rakim in my arms. Shit's irritating.

Before I could speak, Maria beat me to it.

"I want you to take care of this baby with me, Tyler." she rubbed her belly and smiled. Is this bitch delusional-