• 17 •

imma clarify this and say that from chapter 17-18, they will be short as hell. kinda sorta. but don't worry, chapter 19 will be a lil longer and the end of this book. my mind had changed due to how the plot was playing in my head, so there will only 19 chapters. i hope you enjoy nonetheless 🖤.

 i hope you enjoy nonetheless 🖤

"yo', what the fuck-"

+++++++++++++

Rakim's POV

"Rakim, you sure you don't wanna come with me?" Tyler asked worriedly.

Tyler's been making it a priority to bring me everywhere with him for the past few days. One fact is that he's completely obsessed with my actual ass and the other is that he's worried someone is going to catch me slipping. Like hell, they will.

I kissed his cheek, "Babe, it's okay. You're only going up the street to the corner store. You'll be up there and back before you know it."

Tyler looked at me with a hesitant expression for a long while but began sighing and slumping his shoulders. Of course, he would be worried about me since his mom, siblings, and Rakira were out at an entertainment complex. Tyler and I decided to stay at the house so Rakira and the kids could have fun, but he's been complaining about buying some snacks since an hour ago.

I told him I would stay here since he would only be gone a couple of minutes, but he's been feeling a bit shifty about it.

"Okay, baby. I'm going to lock all the doors and you better be in the same spot on this couch when I come back. I'll be back." he pecked my lips a couple of times but decided to take some measures and add his tongue, mixing it with mine. He pulled back and rested his forehead on mine and smiled, walking towards the door and exiting out of it.

I let out a deep sigh and rested my head on the back of the couch. The Backyardigans were lowly playing in the background and I was already starting to get upset with Tyler's lack of presence.

I decided to occupy my time by getting up and going into the kitchen and grabbing a snack from the pantry. I looked through each and every snack and wondered if I should grab the big bag of sour patches or the Hot Cheetos Puffs. I decided on grabbing both and a Coca-Cola bottle from the refrigerator and walking back to place them on the coffee table in the living room.

I grabbed a blanket and covered my legs with it, turning up the volume on the television a bit. All of a sudden, I heard a little pop sound and stopped chewing on a sour patch just to look around the area. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary and I shrugged, turning my attention back to The Backyardigans.

Another popping sound went off and, this time, it was louder. I stopped eating altogether and closed the bag. I knew for a fact that something was really going on and I turned down the TV to hear. The popping sound stopped and it soon turned to a creaking sound on the floor.

I shot up from the couch and observed the living room from where I stood, turning around to check each and every angle of the area. I decided to walk over to the window and take a peek out and see nothing but absolute darkness. I shrugged it off and was about to turn around until I heard a familiar voice that brought chills down my spine.

"Hello, Rakim."

"Yo', what the fuck-"

↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

i'm not finna say much here and just have y'all guess who showed up unannounced 👀.

chapter 18 will be posted later today so look out for it.

make sure to vote and leave feedback 🥳.