the party(pt.1)

11th of July. The most amazing day of the year for Eleven

The most stressing day of the year for Mike.

He had spent three whole hours looking at his idol in the mirror of his room.

Will she like it?, he thought, while looking at his brown sweat pants and his white shirt. Will she find it too chliche?, he wondered again. What about the present? Would she prefer a necklace instead?

And he could continue making these thoughts if Karen hadn't called him downstairs to take him to the Hopper's. Karen, Ted and Nancy were invited too.

When the Wheeler family arrived at Chief's and El's house, which was decorated with pink and yellow blinking lights, Mike's heart was beating so fast, that he thought he would pass out.

But when the door opened and he saw his lovely girlfriend smiling widely at him and his family, with a cute pink dress by her knees, his heart beated faster.

And not because of nervousness, because of love.

Karen, Ted and Nancy greeted her and she let them in, while Mike hugged her warmly, and then he followed her inside the house.

The house was really crowded, Eleven had invided hordes of people.

Mike could recognise some of them, such as the byers, the sinclairs, dustin's mum, Max's parents(fortunately billy was not there), Steeve Harrington, and some other chiefs he remembered from when they had been asking questions about Will's disappearance. And, of course, his friends and some girls Eleven had met in the snowball.

Rythmical music was playing from a pick up by the end of the living room, and everybody seemed to enjoy it, while they were dancing playfully.

Suddenly, a low song started playing and almost everybody found somebody to dance with.

Mike turned red as he saw Ted and Karen dancing, as Ted had his hands at her butt and she was holding him close to her and kissing him passionately.

Two weeks ago, Karen and Ted had a fight, because Ted thought Karen was cheating on him with Billy Hangrove, but she ensured him that it was a lie. And of course he forgived her and now he was kissing her passionately in front of their own kids. eew!

Around them, he saw other familiar couples dancing: the Sinclairs, Mrs. Henderson with chief Callahan, the Mayfields (max's mother and her step-dad) and Hopper and Joyce.

They were so in love, you could see it from their eyes, sparkling at the sight of each other. Mike wondered if him and El seemed so much in love too when they were looking at each other.

Will was dancing with the girl he was dancing with at the snowball(Eleven invited her too). Mike was happy for his best friend, as he had told him he had a crush on this girl. And now he was dancing with her.

Next to them, Max and Lucas, who was dressed in yellow, Max's least favourite colour, who were dancing slowly not taking their eyes off each other. Lucas was telling her something Mike couldn't figure out and she blushed emmediately, so it must have been something really cheesy, because Max almost never blushed.

And, finally, by the corner of the room, Jonathan and Nancy, who were hugging and dancing slowly to the rhythm of the music. Mike leaned his face and saw Dustin sitting alone on the couch and looking sadly at them. He really had a crush of Nancy. And he didn't have anybody to dance with.

Not before Steve Harrington asked him to dance with him.

And of course he said yes, even though it would be like dancing with his mother.

Only one couple was not dancing, and you all know which it is.

And Mike didn't plan to dance that night.

He looked at the girl next to him. She was healthy again and she was able to move and talk perfectly fine.

"So, birthday girl, would you like to see your present?"

Her eyes opened wide at the sound of the word 'present'

"Sure, Mickey, what is it?" she said

"It's a surprise! I just can't show it to you here, cause it's crowded a lot"

"That souned like you want to do mature things Mike..."

"Sorry birthday girl to destroy your 'mature' thoughts, but I am not planning to do any 'mature' things today" he said while laughing

He took Eleven's hand and went to where his parents were dancing, interrupting them.

"Mum, can I take El home to show her her present?" he said, with his puppy eyes

"You can. But I don't want you to destroy the furniture, use the kitchen, and most of all, no funny business" Karen commanded 

"Of course not mum. We are going now. Tell Hoper we left because he is dancing with Joyce and we don't want to interrupt them"

So Mike and Eleven left the Hopper's house and headed for the Wheeler's one

***

Huge chapter and it's only the first part!

This is our least favourite chapter and it was really boring, I know, but it's a little gift for the ones who want to read something about the other Hawkins couples.

Also, we have amother gift for you today!

We will upload the 2nd part in an hour or less(but it will be relatively smaller)!

So, if you are fast, stay tuned

Mileven is coming to you <3

Kisses until an hour later,

~Ashmina and Iro~